Front suspension Ride Height

The near side of my girlfriend’s Eunos rides considerably lower than the off side. The spring is intact… the car recently passed the MOT with an advisory… and there appears to be no obvious reason for the problem…

Before I replace the front springs, am I missing something, perhaps?

Get a tape measure out and with the car on the ground not jacked up measure the distance from the road to the bottom of each wheel arch.

With the steering wheel turned in one direction measure the height to the bottom of the coil spring pan and to the top of the spring and around halfway up the spring measure the distance between the spring coils.

Do both sides.

In my case at around 75k miles on the rear nearside of my previous Impreza the spring pans at the lower part of the shock absorber was distorted after noticing the gap between the tyre and the wheel arch had closed and after examination the nearside spring pan was lower than the spring pan on the offside side of the car.

Replacing that damper and retaining the spring gave a result of bringing both sides being level with each other.

Now 6 years later my latest Impreza at 57k miles broke the nearside rear spring at one coil up from the spring pan. I replaced that and again both rear arches are level with each other.

Please post back what was wrong, mismatched springs, damaged springs or distorted spring pans.

The N/S spring is 10mm shorter than the O/S… 

Therefore at some time either a lowered set of springs had one spring crack and was replaced with a normal height spring or it had normal height springs and one was redplaced by a shorter spring.

As you mentioned two new ones or new springs all round will sort it.

New springs did indeed sort it…