Fuel in rad

1. My model of MX-5 is: na 1.6
  2. I’m based near: __ulster
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __smell of fuel/ petrol in the radiator…

Mate’s doing head gasket change after report of overheating twice on a 1.6 na …30 year old garage queen… he called last nite to explain before he started her up after a head resurface and new gasket … he reverse flushed the rad and heater rad for an hour or more and was startled at how much sh1# was shot out…customer had supplied a new rad… perhaps the reason he allowed for the overheating no sign of anti freeze use when he started the work. but when she was restarted he was getting a strong petrol odour and signs of fuel in the water he allowed its not an auto rad so wouldn’t be oil .he also blocked the water heated inlet on the inlet manifold, no sign of being off cyclinder or missing, in his experience reckoned it could only be the cyclinder head or the block, he knows i have both spare so he was removing the head again today… anyone ever come across this?? will

Before spending a fortune on repairs - try one of these kits - it tells you is combustion gasses are getting in to the coolant ( typical blown gasket )