G3 Clay Mitt, and Lube detailer

Gave the G3 Clay Mitt a whirl the other weekend, and used the recommended G3 Detailer / lube to use with it. Only fair to say that I was a bit dubious about this having always used clay bars, I couldn’t see how the mitt could better it…….How wrong I was! It’s by far the most easiest product I have ever used, and the results are genuinely amazing! It brought the surfaces to a silk like touch and glass like finish. For the sake of £20 for both to be delivered, it’s a stable product to my detailing bag from now on,

7 Likes

Looks good Steve , I’ve been looking at clay barring but a bit worried I’ll damage the paintwork, do you use this as you would a clay bar ?

1 Like

just bought my second mitt , far easier than the clay ‘bar’ i feel. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Cheers!
Absolutely nothing to worry about regarding claying as long as you use a decent lubricant to go with it.
I started with Autofinesse as they did a bar and lube which was excellent but as its a bar you have to keep it dry and only use small bits at a time.
With the mitt you can get a much wider area done in half the time without any of the faff. Highly recommended. I’ll try and get the link for the seller on ebay for what I bought which is the G3 mitt and their lube which is also a detailer. Just spray the panel on the car and spray the mitt as well and off you go. Instant results.

2 Likes

Totally agree. It’s a total game changer in my opinion.

1 Like

Also did my partners car weekend just gone with the same item…

2 Likes

I don’t rate the clay mitts personally, i don’t find them as effective as a bar and also found them prone to getting stuck on contaminants and leaving smears of clay on the bodywork which ironically was removed with a clay bar.

1 Like

Interesting.
I’ve not come across this as yet but will keep an eye on it.

Beautiful result!

Although I have the same question; when you use a clay bar, you fold it to keep a clean surface otherwise the debris it picks up can scratch the paint. How does that work with the mitt? Do you just have to keep cleaning it as you go?

1 Like

This is the second mitt I’ve had ( only replaced due to dropping it on garage floor)

1 Like

Got one myself off Amazon for £12. Very pleased with it. Didn’t bother with the lube as I had loads left from previous jobs.

1 Like

Thank you!
This is the very interesting thing… They claim that you can use normal soapy water as to what you would use to clean the car and they also say that because of the material its made out of you can wash it. Therefore if you drop it…wash it and its as good as new again. I’m yet to see anyone that’s done it as I’m too scared but also because it’s a mitt its less likely to come off your hand than a piece of clay out of your fingers.

1 Like

This is very interesting, thanks for the info!

I’ve just clay-barred my car a couple of weeks ago the old-fashioned way but I’ll keep this in mind for next year. :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah ive still got a bar myself. Just can’t see me using it now. :rofl::+1:

1 Like

I sometimes think the lube you use with a clay is a bit watery , so I use a strong mix of a good quality car wash and water 50/50 this is then nice and slippery with out any fear of marking the paint as long as you apply liberally , been using it for years have not used a mitt yet so I think :thinking: that’s gonna be my next purchase.

2 Likes

Just Clayed mine this weekend and also used the new turtle wax flex polish

1 Like

Love the mesh grille on the MK4,

1 Like

Yeah it vastly improves it I think.