Garage recommendations help

1. My model of MX-5 is: __NC 1
  2. I’m based near: __ GU46
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __good garage

Good morning,
Is anyone able to recommend a reliable and reputable garage near the GU46 area please :pray:
Thank you
Craig

Hi

I grew up in Yateley :slight_smile:
I lived on Tudor Drive and then Wisteria Lane

We always used Yateley MOT Centre, but that was a long time ago…

Wistaria Lane is where I am. Yateley MOT has not provided me with any positive experiences I’m afraid. Possibly because they are the only garage in Yateley now perhaps they are a bit complacent.
I’m going to take the car to Rohteknics in Grazeley, they were very good for me when I had a NA.
How long ago did you live in Wistaria, what number?

Number 33 for about 10 years.

Moved out when I went to Uni 20 years ago. 20 YEARS!?! :scream:

I went to Yateley comp.

How long have you lived on Wisteria?

I’d recommend checking out “Guilford Motors” in your area. They’ve got a solid reputation for handling MX-5 models, including the NC 1. Give them a call and see if they can help you out with whatever technical assistance you need. Good luck!

1 Like

We’ve lived here for 18 years, No 23. Based on your dates for going to Uni etc you are about 20 years younger than my good self.
Almost certainly know some of the same people who are still here, in the Lane.

“I’m going to take the car to Rohteknics in Grazeley, they were very good for me when I had a NA.“

Best check if Rotechniks are still operating, last I heard they had changed to a camper conversion operation. That was some years ago so they may have changed back. Let us know the outcome.

Hi there, as such they no longer exist, from what I can see.
There is another firm operating out of the premises named RJC Motor Services.I will be giving them a call on Monday but it isn’t looking promising.

RJC motor services address show them as being on a small trading estate on a farm to the rear of where Rotechniks used to be.

Farm Business Park, Unit 1 Lambwood Hill, Pump Ln, Grazeley, Reading RG7 1JU

The name of the business at Unit 4 (Rotechniks old unit) is now “Lakeside Camper Conversion” They also seem to have a second address not so far away.

Still worth a phone call because not all online info is up to date.

Thank you for the heads up, I will make a couple of calls Monday :+1: