Garages for MX5 work in Scotland

Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody has an idea of good Garages around Scotland that could be dealing with issues / modifications on MX5 NAs. I’m not particularly looking for 1 garage to do everything, I’m just looking to get even a wee list of great Garages that I can trust with my car.

The sort of things I’m looking for would be -
•Engine work, (Namely valve stem seals and gaskets really) though would be handy if they knew some stuff about turbos too
•ECU installation and programming.
•Sill inspection and repair
•Panel work and paint

Any information or comments from first hand experience with places would be very much appreciated!

Hi there,

I asked this sort of thing weeks ago and got no recommendations, however i did look on some other forums and ended up recently going to Automek in east kilbride. They seem to be quite into the modified scene and there was lots of tasty japanese metal around the garage. A mk1 track car and an S2000 with a LS2 swap. I spoke with andrew when i was there seemed to be a nice chap and very knowlegable.

Check out their instagram. Hope you get something sorted.

2 Likes

I solely use Forth Garage Services in Stirling for anything I’m wanting done that I’m not gunna do myself, Chris has looked after my (recently sold)182 for years and any time anyone needs a recommendation for somewhere to go I always say fgs, always beyond top quality work, brilliant prices and will bend over backwards to make sure everything’s alright for a deadline, can’t recommend them enough, I currently daily an r26 F1 in liquid yellow and Chris is my main go to, genuine parts usually given at cost price usually and always ready to get his hands dirty

They’re in springkerse industrial estate in Stirling and have just moved into SWR’s old unit, not sure where swr moved to but they’re brilliant aswell

The clio crowd are quite picky with who does the timing because if it’s ever so slightly off itl make a big difference and people just consider it not done if you don’t have a reciept from certain garages, those 2 garages I’d trust with any car (although I’m not sure where swr moved to or if they’ve just closed, will need to have a looksee)

2 Likes