Gate Times

I have had a few people asking recently about coming to the event early,  Please can I advise arriving only for the advertised gate time.

We will be conducting our site inspections as close to 10am as we can get, but that will take time as a huge number factors influence that.

The gates can and will only open when the event is ready to receive people.

My advice to everyone is aim for the advertised gate time of 10.30am, this is mainly because the volunteers from the North East Midlands Area are all geared for this time and it is the most I can ask of everyone giving their time and help on the day in planning.

The Rally has been arranged and will be delivered with the help of a dedicated group of hard working volunteers, I am sure you will appreciate the extremely long hours they have put in to make this event happen and arriving early brings undue pressure on the day.

Appreciate everyone’s help in keeping things running smoothly

Well said Ian ,having been involved in events in the past its the volonteers who never seem to get any praise and are first in line for critisism

Good point, though the roads will be full of Mx’s, so swings and roundabouts. However, I have arrived at several previous Nationals between 1/2 and 1 hour after gate open times and found the car parks choc-a block, obviously some members have been there since the cock crowed. (that’s allowing for volunteers BTW). It was ever such, as members ‘in the know’ arrive early hoping to snap up bargains offered by traders. I assume the car park will be open and manned before 10.30? - big queue at the gate!

We are geared for getting vehicles off the road and in to carpark quickly and efficiently with an ample parking team assisting and who are going to be working throughout the day, that team have start times in line with the event.

We also have vehicles loading to the event and controlling these processes needs coordination again another reason that there is an opening time.

We appreciate that many are making long trips to attend and arrival times can vary, all that I am asking on behalf of all helping out that people aim for on or after the gate times.

There are 50 or so traders coming so plenty of bargains will be available all day!

Thanks in advance to all the organisers and volunteers

We better set off at 10.15 then, I’ll have to get a wriggle on to get there for 10.30

And all those MX-5’s on route, we never see many that way when on a normal Sunday drive.

Have a safe trip everyone.

Thanks for the reply Iain, but it still isn’t clear when the car parking will start - are you saying from 10.30?