gearbox oil change Leicester

Anyone know a local garage in Leicester that can do gear/differential oil change?

I have oil and syringe, so labour cost only.

Thanks 

Why not do it yourself it is quite easy and there is a how to do guide in downloads under routine servicing

Andrew

The original poster will not be able to see the “how to” as it is hidden from non club members.

Plenty of YouTube guides but I suggest they don’t want to do it themselves hence the question. 

Sam Goodwin Nuneaton but I’m not sure he would be happy using your lubricants. Not sure why, if you already have a syringe and lub, you want someone else to do it for you…

Thrussington Garage in East Goscote, but they will use their own oils (was Millers, may have switched).

Gearbox oil change is a pain without a lift. Diff oil change requires odd sized sockets that you won’t ever use again.

Miata.net has a comprehensive set of technical guides.

Thanks saz9961.

Ive seen guides on YouTube, seems a straightforward job provided you have a lift and the correct tools. Hence, why I’d rather pay a professional.

I don’t want to go off topic, but why would garages refuse work if you provide the oils. I thought they are just carrying out a routine service.

If you just want a back street garage, there are loads in Leicester. Customer parts will always be fitted at their own risk. Changing transmission oil is not rocket science.

In the end, it comes down the the individual garage. Most won’t. I would be confident that neither of the recommended garages are overcharging for lubricants.

If its just routine work, then just pick the nearest garage to you. The oil cost you £50 max? Even it you got it for mates rates, the saving is, what, £20? Presumably you also have the necessary crush washers?

Here’s the official line:

http://garagewire.co.uk/news/risk-factor-do-you-fit-customer-supplied-parts/

There was a spate of self service garages a few years ago, but most it seems are closed down.

Interesting article.

Reason for buying my own oil because I wanted premium oil: Redline was the best performance oil I found. Some garages like to cut corners by using budget oils, so I didn’t want to take the risk.

In hindsight, I wish I didn’t buy the oils in advance. What and how many crusher washers do I need?

Hi, if you still need you gear and diff oils changing then we would happily do it for you using your supplied oil.
We are based in Ilkeston, pm me for contact detials.