Genuine company

Is there anyone who I can turn to, to ask if a company in canada is kosher, the company I may be dealing with is Sheartak

115 Randall Drive, Unit 9
Waterloo, ON, N2V 1C5 Canada
If I decide to go ahead with a purchase of an item of tooling from this company will I have to pay anything to the UK Customs when it arrives?
Any help would be appreciated as I don’t want to get my fingers burned, so to speak.
What would be the best way for a person to pay for the item, credit card?

View Google Map

Worth a look at the link below, highly likely VAT and Duty possibly plus a handling fee will be payable.

Difficult to comment on the validity of a business in Canada, you might ask on the Miata.net forum.

Perhaps this company handle the duty/VAT side of things at source as Ebay do nowadays?
I not there will be at least 20% VAT to pay as well as possibly other duty depending on the item spec and cost with delivery.
Hopefully the Canadian company have some experience of supplying others in the UK and can at least give you a heads up of what to expect to pay in total to get to your door.

Sheartak Tools appear to have a great reputation with a few reviews from UK customers.

I would use a credit card to pay as all protection, fast funding and probably a good exchange rate.