Geo set up and anti roll bars NC

I’m looking for advice on what Anti roll bars to upgrade to using standard Bilstein dampers lowering not wanted.
Also is it worth still using what was Wheels inmotion now they have changed hands for Geo setup.
Sorry if this has been discussed before I’m new.
NC sport Black 2012 East Sussex

Thanks

You may benifit more from chassis braces if your looking to stiffen things up , maintaining original dampers and ride height.

1 Like

If you are not changing suspension - you wont be able to do the weight balance with preload that you can do on adjustable coilovers however you still can try remedy some handling improvements with wheel geometry changes.
I would test that first how the car behaves before buying anything else.
The antiroll bars will change the torsional stiffness relationship from front to back thus from a given bias (less say the car is not currently 50:50 and is slightly understeer you can change the antiroll bars (both front and back) to change the bias to either more neutral or even oversteer.
Obviously you want to use adjustable antiroll bars and its a trial an error method but adjusting the links is nor difficult job, you will probably spend more the time testing the car
Change one thing at a time. it will save you time figuring things out.

Obviously if you change the coilovers to something else than stock this will also change the torsional stiffness behaviour as the stiffer springs will be resisting more on rolling so I would go back to the stock antiroll bars and see how that feels first.

Many thanks for your reply, I have factory bilstein shocks and springs, I wanted to change the roll bars to stiffer as this seems to be a cheap mod with good benefits, then get a full geo.

Thanks

my suggestion get the geometry done first, make sure you ask them to print what geometry you currently have on the car in case you want to go back to what you had before.
Test and see how that feels first.

Note if you will be changing suspension in the future do not change the antiroll bars or at least make sure you still have the OEM bars in case you need them.

It probably a good idea to watch a good explanation what antiroll bars do to the car first

Wheels in motion still going and great for geo, ask for Joe. Known as Pro-tyre now

Wheels in Motion are no more.

Protyre have acquired the premises and it is run as Protyre outlet. That said, i understand that the previous WiM staff are still there so we should all get the same great care and service

1 Like

if you are staying with stock suspension but want to firm things up I would recommend that you try stiffer roll bars and rear chassis bracing!

roll bars

braces

I have these myself and have gotten great results with them and I can assure you that you will feel a positive difference in the car.

there are more braces than just those 2 but those two will give you the biggest bang for the buck and make a very noticeable and positive change, each brace you add after those 2 will only make a small difference.
also if you have a tin-top the rear braces will stop it creaking and help it open and close in the correct line, so everything seals correctly and reduce wear on the mechanism

as to those roll bars, they cut steering wander down to nothing, stop you from getting pulled about by all but the very worst tramlines (depressed tracks in the tarmac made by lorries) in the road, and of course, cut some of the body roll allowing you to enter and exit corners faster and more confidently.
I am quite timid on cornering and I’ve seen a cornering entry speed boost of between 5 to 10 mph. o should point out that I already had coil overs when I fitted the roll bars so your experience will be different as you are pairing them with stock shocks n springs and so I think you will see a bigger difference than I did!

as to geometry.
the fast road feels better than standard.
but no amount of geometry will ever cure bodyroll and bodyflex