Glen eagle

Hello
New to website, I’ve had an mx-5 before, but I am getting a mx-5 glen eagle in the next week
Not sure on the quality of it, but it’s only done 30,000 miles

4 Likes

It’s a nice ‘edition’ hope it’s in fine fettle for you!
Barrie

1 Like

Not seen any on the road and was told only 400 were made!

Not sure how many, but came originally with a few extras. One of Mazda’s better limited editions IMO. :+1:
Barrie

Wonder if it still has the tartan bits and wood effect centre console?

Well done- beautiful car! Sure you’ll enjoy many, many miles of smiles in her. Keep us posted!

https://ox.mx5oc.co.uk/guide-mx5old.htm

Mazda MX-5 Gleaneagles

The Gleneagles is based on a standard 1800cc model and was introduced to mark three important values in the MX-5 … tradition, prestige and quality. Only 400 units were made between October 1995 and May 1996 and cost £16,500.00 when purchased new

This special version was finished in Montego Blue and sported specially made 15" alloy wheels, Dunlop SP2000 tyres and locking wheel nuts

The interior was trimmed with champagne colour leather seats and a matching leather trim around the dash which continued through both door panels

Walnut ‘effect’ trim was used to finish the centre consol and complimented with a wooden gear knob and hand brake grip. The tartan theme was also continued through the gear shift gaiter

A black leather steering wheel featured a Gleneagles logo and a powerful Clarion DRX8175R single disc CD player provided the in car entertainment

The tonneau cover was also changed which now fitted more snuggly to the panel behind both the seats. This was also finished in a matching champagne trim with a tartan edge

The overall package of the “Gleneagles” is one of sheer luxury and high quality and each vehicle was supplied with a tartan owners wallet

Standard equipment also included a security immobiliser, cockpit brace, CD player and power steering

One of the cars remained in the hands of Mazda UK and was later raffled to raise funds to help send Scottish athletes to the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta

3 Likes

Is it just me or does £16,500 in the mid nineties sound a lot of money?

2 Likes

Could be.
However, I think my 93 JDM Auto VS Type 2 ( ?) nudged into £15k UK in Japan.
Don’t suppose a custom interior & all the bits like Ltd Ed paint etc for around grand & a half was too outlandish.
They all sold!

3 Likes

To OP:
Low miles etc is one thing, but get it ramped & thoroughly examined for the usual rotty botty.
Internal condensation KO’s them from the inside out alone as much as our lovely clement weather.
I’d not worry about the chassis rails though…much more a later Mk2 issue.

1 Like

It just seemed strange as I seemed to remember an RX8 being about £20,000 in the early 2000’s

I’ll let you know, I’ll post photos when I have them

I’ll post photos when I can

1 Like

1 Like

Been sat for 6 years, bodywork not that bad, can’t see rust in the inside, but I’ll take carpets up to have a good look
My Mx-5 I had on the road, 10 years younger than this was in worse shape
Even got the glen eagle document pouch! :joy::joy:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Quick wash and brush up, the colour is lovely, blue but in the right sunlight, flecks of green come through!!

This is the inside! And underneath, I must admit the mx5 I had on the road a few years ago was in worse condition and it was 10 years younger!! :joy::joy:image|375x500

4 Likes

I’ve seen NC’s a good deal rustier than that underneath.
The rest, insides will clean up nicely and some TLC to the leather.
How are the rear sill/ arch areas, these go first if anything going to rot.?

Needs some welding but I might be able to do it without welding directly to the outer bodywork

1 Like