Glencoe NA

Took a drive today - Oban - Bridge of Orkey via Glen Orkey, Glencoe, Fort William and back to Oban.

19 Likes

Beautiful, wish we were there :+1:

2 Likes

Posts like this should be banned!!! :christmas_tree:
:heart:

3 Likes

If this was a landscape photo I would expect to see this in 2023 Calendar…great car and awesome scenery.

3 Likes

Another couple for anybody interested

16 Likes

Very dramatic, atmospheric and impressive images.
Thanks for sharing :+1:

1 Like

If I go for a Scotland run for a couple of days next week (driving up from the midlands) is there a recommended route and place to stay? I kind of want go there, looks amazing.

1 Like

It’s a good run from the Midlands, I’d plan on doing more than a couple of days.
We want to go again but need to plan ahead, our planned holiday/tour had to be cancelled in 2020. I’d be getting a little nervous about going right now anyway, you’ll probably guess why.

2 Likes

Fabulous captures in a stunning location. So typical though despite all that empty space to park, someone slots in right next to you… :smirk:

2 Likes

Done that run quite a few times, absolutely stunning. We always stop for a bite at the Creggan Inn. Really good food at reasonable prices.

1 Like

yea I know but I also tend to do stuff in a whim tbh. Usually it my best decision ever :grin:

1 Like

Amazing photos!

Was up in Oban a few weeks ago and went out to dallavic for camping it was amazing

The drive from Stirling up to Oban through by fort William is an amazing drive

1 Like

Google maps to Oban from the border - make a point to go through dukes pass.

Camping pods at dallavic up north for 40 a night lochside.

Happiness

3 Likes

So many armchair tourists - mmmm - just wondering if anyone ever found Glen Orkey - Google offers to add a missing place when I search for it :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I have been through Glen Orchy though - much easier to find :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Ah, one of those Scottish roads carefully designed to shot-blast the underside of any non 4x4. :grinning:
(Other roads in England, Wales and both Irelands can also offer this facility)

2 Likes

I read that Glen Or&y the first time round :joy::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Nice run bet you had your heater on.

1 Like

Have driven that road a few times on the way to Skye, beautiful looking but wouldn’t want to break down there.

1 Like