Good food around Looe?

Any recommendations? I’m off down there in June for a few days…[ip]

Went there in April and yes good food, but can’t remember where!!

Most importantly great scenic driving around there - hope the weather is fine so you can get the hood down!

When I was there last I went to a really nice fish and chip shop, I seem to remember it was just south from the east side of the bridge. I can’t remember what it was called but I do remember thinking next time I was in Looe I’d have to eat there again.

Trawlers ££££ and Ginger Lily seem to score well on reviews…

Dave’s Fish ‘n’ Chips! Get curry sauce on it, sublime.

My brother used to work at Trawlers - overpriced I would say.

Hi we are going there in Aug if you find anywhere please let us know so we can try it, enjoy ur break

Are you still going down in August? The girlfriend and I are also down in August to see the folks!

Incidently, the Smugglers Cott in East Looe is highly recommended. It is run by the parents of one of my mates from school. Amazing food and a good atmosphere.

There is also a fantastic indian resturant opposite the big clock tower in the town centre [:)]

Had a great time in the hot week in June (20th onwards) and have booked a cottage with the 20 something kids in September. Means the 5 stays at home though [:(]

Had a meal at Trawlers and the food was great - together with the riverside view. Is Dave’s chippy the one opposite the fish market? After paying £££ for sea bass at Trawlers we bought a massive sea bass fillet for under a tenner at the fish market shop before we went home, sliced it in half and pan fried it back at the cottage with fresh scallops … for a fraction of the cost.

We’re staying just outside Pelynt - on a farm that keeps Alpacas. Any decent pub food around there?

Yep, Dave’s is opposite the fish market.

I grew up about a mile away from Pelynt in a hamlet called Trelawne. The Dagger is a good place to eat in Pelynt.

Leave the kids behind and take the '5! [:)]