Good independant garage wanted near Lincoln

Hi,

Anyone know any good garages around the Lincoln area. Need my front antiroll bar drop links changing and need a garage to do them as all the bolts are rusted to bu**ery and i can’t do them my self.

Any suggestions

Thanks

Cut the old bolts off with a grinder,drift the old bolt out,  fit your new drop links with new nuts and bolts,and that will save you shed loads of cash{#emotions_dlg.wink}

Becuase thats what they will do at a garage{#emotions_dlg.thumb}

Yep had had a look at that, but don’t have angle grinder, and found access restricted, didn’t really fancy it just on axle stands. Thought it would be easier for someone else to do it!!!

Hi, I’m new to this forum and wondered if you had any luck with this enquiry. I live in Louth and I’m also looking to upgrade the suspension on my Mazda M2-1002.

Mike 

Hi no one on the Lincoln forum got back to me about this, they either don’t do anywork on their cars or the lincoln bunch just aren’t very chatty!!!

Have done some research of my own and have had a few good reports about these guys…

http://www.tyreandtech.co.uk/index.htm

They say they work with WIM as aswell

http://www.tyreandtech.co.uk/steering%20geometry%20alignment.htm

Might be worth a try!!!

Hope this helps…

I’ve got no experience about using the services of Tyre and Tech but I know the guy that runs it, Steve Hoe. I worked with him when he had a day job and spent every moment of his spare time rebuilding minis. He left the day job to work on cars full time many years ago and I haven’t seen him for about 25 years! I still remember being a passenger in his mini on the long straight on Canwick Avenue between Bracebridge Heath and Canwick. It accelerated right up to the top stop on the speedo and kept on going. Knowing what he could do with a car on axle stands on a drive all those years ago I’m sure that with a full workshop and years of experience he’s going to be a good bet now. I would have no worries about dealing with Steve. If you do, ask him if he remembers Paul Kent from BT and say hello from me.

The local garage that I use these days for servicing and repairs is Riccardo Emiliani who are now on the road round the back of Wickes in Lincoln. Cheaper than the franchised dealers, years of experience, can turn their hand to any cars and good down to earth service. The thing that most annoys me is when you’ve got a problem and you are told ‘We can’t fit you in till a week next Wednesday’. These guys are more likely to say ‘Give us ten minutes and we will have a look’.

Our son fitted his own suspension, then had a mazda garage do the laser alignment set up. 
Also ring round sometimes little garages can be expensive by taking longer than some Mazda garages.
I asked our regular members (not all use the forum) and so far got one reply:-

I’m not sure how close to Lincoln or which side of Lincoln the garage needs to be, but I can recommend J.B. Motors in Newark on 01636 611909.

Great quality work, good prices and impartial advice (and only 20 minutes from Lincoln).

Regards,

Jason 

Hi

The region is very large so probably best to rely on very local recommendations

Our membership seems to be split into two camps. those who go nowhere near a garage and do everything themselves and those that always go to a Mazda dealer

Personally, having owned 12 MX5s over 20 years, some of which have been far from new and with quite a few miles on the clock have rarely used independent garages mainly because Nunns in Grimsby have always been so competitive. For example the last annual service in June on my mk3 was £99. A few years ago when my 11 year old mk1 needed new rear springs and dampers they were significantly cheaper than any of the independents around Scunthorpe. I should stress I have no connection with Nunns just a good relationship over many years 

Cheers
Greg