Good Photoshoot Locations in South West??

I’m looking for locations where I can take some nice photos of my newly purchased first ever MX5.

Ideally the locations will be:

• easily accessible with no special permission required

• somewhere I can park up without causing any traffic obstructions

• have a good scenic backdrop, maybe mountains or the sea, beautiful old buildings/ruins, stunning bridges etc

Thanks and I promise to share any decent photos I take.

If you know Newport in Gwent, the Transporter Bridge could make a fantastic frame in the background, there are a couple of spots where the views are magnificent, alas, many others are dire…

I mention it partly because this amazing old bridge is under threat, and despite being Grade 1 listed it might not be there much longer.  It was heavily overcast and rather wet when we were there yesterday, so no pics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newport_Transporter_Bridge

Bracelet Bay car park in the Mumbles with the lighthouse in the background is always nice, but my favourite spot for a bit of car photography is on the unclassified road between the Swansea Valley and Trecastle (just past Dan yr Ogof Caves).  It’s really peaceful and next to no traffic.

Imgur

Cheddar gorge is always good.

chew vally lake can get some good shots or anywhere on exmoor gets a good photo.

on coast plenty of places but anywhere on north coast of cornwall is good.

cheers luke

ps does not say on your location where in the southwest your are near too

@RichardFX & LukeS thanks for the suggestions, I’m new to the forum, I thought I’d posted this in the South Wales area bit.  I’m near Carmarthen so your suggestions are a little far out for me, but hopefully someone else will find then useful. 

@NickyR (which is weird as I am also a Nicky R) thanks, I’ll be heading out to Mumbles very soon and checking out the road by the caves too.  I’ve followed you on Flickr, you have some great images there.

Tonight I went up to Llanllwni mountain as it’s only a short drive away.  I’ll be out again soon.

211_365July by Nicky Rhodes, on Flickr

Hi Nicky

I’d send the first pic into the STHT, what with the sun in the mirror, the gold coloured car and the gold coloured grass. All you need then is a decent caption to go with the photo… Winner!

Dave

Thanks, it’s called Hop In. I’ve only just joined the club my first magazine arrived this week.