Gotta love Mazdas

My daughter has a new job with a company car so has just sold her beloved 2004 1.6 petrol Mazda3 TS2. She bought it five years ago with 55k miles on it and put on 33k miles

In that time, apart from a failed clutch master cylinder it has been 100% reliable, never needed oil or water top ups between annual services, passed all its MOTs with flying colours, and was a pleasure to drive on the couple of occasions I used it.

She’s been all over with it, on holidays to Wales and the North (she’s in Bournemouth, near me) and it’s never let her down.

She paid £1.9k for it and sold it for £850, despite a deep scratch along most of the drivers side left by an anonymous numpty 6 months ago.

After all the old bangers I had to nurse in my 20s and 30s, that has to be just about the best car experience ever IMHO.

Only two Mazdas in the family now (my NB and 6 Sport). I’m going to miss that little motor.

(Edited to add year)

It’s great having a car like that. My daily is a Yaris Mk2 1.0. Super mpg as a general runaround. Possibly, though, the most uninvolving car I’ve ever owned.
I’ve been considering, among others, an older Mazda 3.
Just wondered what year your daughter’s was, and what sort of mpg did she get, on a longer run, and running around ?

It was a 2004. It was pretty good on fuel for its time, probably averaged about 40mpg.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.