GPS and Android radio

1. My model of MX-5 is: __
  2. I’m based near: __
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __GPS
    Does any one know if there is a GPS unit that would plug into a head unit and work using the touch screen of the head unit.
    I have a Pioneer SPH 230DAB head unit cracking unit does everything I want from a radio etc. It has Anroid auto which means plugging my phone in to it to get GPS I was just wondering if there was just a small unit that would plug into the unit instead of my phone.

I doubt anything plugs in to give navigation, that’s what Android Auto is for via your phone.
It’s a bother I know to keep connecting the phone each time you get in the car, is this you main concern?

That’s exactly why I went for the Kenwood DMX8019DABS.
It automatically connects via WiFi.

I believe you would have to swap out the unit and buy one with inbuilt satnav.

Yes. The other problem I have is I put a USB three output hub into the USB port and I get a USB hub error. I tried another hub that I knew works else where with the same result The reason I wanted a second access to the USB port cos all my music is on a USB stick

Would this work?

Put your music on to the phone, maybe on a microSD card if you have that?

I just connect my USB stick for tunes or play tunes from Spotify, Deezer or Amazon music via the apps. The only one I subscribe to is Amazon, the others are free but you may know all this anyway.:+1:

Another way is to use a plug in device to the 12v socket, they usually have a usb socket then you can Bluetooth the tunes (maybe) to the unit. Could complicate things though that way?