Great driving roads

Have any of you driven the Route des Grande Alpes in France. Would love to take this route early next summer perhaps making a leisurely 2 week holiday.

Sorry can’t help really, except to say its on my bucket list…

http://www.losapos.com/great_alpine_road

We drove part of it this year- came back 2 weeks ago! We took our 5 on the sleeper train from Düsseldorf to Livorno, spent some time in Tuscany and the headed north joining the route du grandes alpes via Turin to Mont Cenis, heading north to Bourges Saint Maurice. 

We drove from Alba to Bourges Saint Maurice in a day which was stunning. Left Italy in 26C and at the top of the passes there was snow and it was -1! Roof down all the way obviously.

We spent two days there and then drove to Annecy over the D902/925 which was also a stunning road. 

Only thing to to be aware of is deleting what time of year you go the passes may be closed. Apparently some were even closed when we were there mid September. 

Message me if you want any more info!

We’re planning to drive this route in September on our way back from Lake Como. We’ll be starting from Vence (just behind Nice) and heading for Lyon. We’ve allowed 3 leisurely days for the drive. Any suggestions for a couple of overnight stops?

I have done this route twice. What would you like to know ? It really is a cracking route !