Great roads in Austria, Italy, Switzerland and France

If you are interested in great roads and passes have a look at my page: www.roadstertouren.at

There you can see a collection of tours and passes and reports of our travels with my mx-5.

A lot of videos are on my youtube-channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/grmx5

I want to apologize because my homepage is in German but I have installed a plugin for the translation.

Have fun!

This looks a great link, we are already planning a trip for next year so this is going to be a great help

If you need more help for trip planning, contact me ( g.riedl(at)roadstertouren.at )

A great blog which I will study in the next few weeks before I head in that direction. I’m doing an Alps tour in September with some German work colleagues, so it will be very useful. The start is Deggendorf near Munich. From there we will drive through the Austrian Lakes area to Zell am See, then up the Grossglockner, onto Cortina, Bolzano, then via the Mendola Pass to Bormio and over the Stelvio Pass. We then head to Merano and return to Germany via the Timmels Joch pass.

Thanks!
This is a fine
tour
! If it’s possible - drive the stelvio in the morning or late afternoon, due to the strong traffic

Just wondered what you think about the Gavia Pass. Are there enough passing places on the part that I understand is only a single track? What was your experience of this? Many thanks

The southern ramp to the Gavia Pass is partly small, but there are a lot of passing places and with good will from both partners there is no problem to pass. The nothern ramp is a road with two lanes.

This video of the Gavia is made while out trip in 2013. It shows the whole Gavia road from south to north in real time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbL7hJfLPSU

Many, many thanks for the info and the brilliant video. I now know what to expect. We will probably take the Gavia Pass next Saturday on our way to Bormio. We start from Deggendorf next Thursday morning and I must say I’m really looking forward to the trip. As a matter of interest, what was the car shooting the forward looking view in your video? Many thanks again

Great desicion! I wish you nice weather for this trip Smile

We had two cameras looking forward. One was mounted in the air-intake of a mx-5, the other on the windscreen of a chrysler crossfire