Great roads you stumble upon by accident.

On my return home from visiting friends in North Devon, I was travelling along the A361 from Barnstable to the M5. The road was closed at Newrown, due to road works and the diversion was along the B3227. Although the weather wasn’t great, the roads were wet and leafy, the views were spoilt by the low cloud and mist, but boy it was a great road to enjoy the drive. I don’t yet have my MX5, but I’m going to look forward to the time I can drive these roads again next year, in my MX5. 

Ive driven countless superb roads in my driving life, here in the UK and abroad, but it’s always nice to stumble on a new one. 

I’ve done a few trips to North Devon this year in my Mk1, just to experience the A39 between between Porlock and Lynmouth, and onto Woolacombe.  

Fantastic roads.  Best driven early in the morning before the holiday makers and caravans spoil the fun!

Just after Dan Yr Ogof caves, past the Tafarn y Garreg pub, turn left on unlisted road, runs up the Tawe valley and you can see from one end to the other when you hit the moors… Fantastic fun and very quiet… (Mind the sheep)…

Hungerford (M4 junction) to Wantage cracking road.

A4074 or the 13 bends of death as it’s also known as!

Whoops… Thread revival

Lancashire, turn off the A6 at Scorton (Near M6 J33) and follow signs for Trough of Bowland / Clitheroe.

The pass has some wonderful views and a short twisty hill climb which will test your car! Enjoy.