Greddy E-manage blue

Evening folks, have put this question in forced induction even though its kind of more of an NA related subject just now.

Am in process of gathering up parts for a turbo build on my latest 5 and have just been offered the above ecu from a guy i know.

now im not currently ready to do the build and also was hoping to do it in such an order as i can keep driving the car for as long as possible. anyways, my question is… if i buy this unit and fit it NA, will there be any benefit of using it?

It has the map sensor with it also so can do a MAF delete so thats something i guess. what i mean is, will my normal operation and running be any better/worse?

Be good to hear from anyone who has experience in this area :slight_smile:

thanks for looking :slight_smile:

No expert Steve but Greddy E-manage blue piggyback ecu is an old and limited solution. Greddy don’t support it anymore.

Back in the day, 10 years+ ago, Greddy was a big name and the way to go but if not set up properly easy to damage the engine.

Standard solutions have moved on since this piggyback. Replacement ecus with more functionality, Megasquirt and now ME221 are more commonly used for turbo application.

Goes without saying that they are reassuringly expensive(£5-700)     

I hear what your saying buddy.

its just its like 100 quid the full set so is kinda appealing price wise compared to others :slight_smile:

but equally i dont need it just yet. just not sure if its one of those things i should snap up because its there and a means to an end lol

I’ve got a Greddy E-manage on my car and it’s going just fine.

BBR GTI told me they still support it.