Guidance on removing "paint transfer" from car park knock?

1. My model of MX-5 is: __ NC3
  2. I’m based near: __ Manchester
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __ Paintwork

Someone has “nudged” my MX5 (grrrrr). I’ve got what looks mainly like transferred paint on the front bumper, just above the foglight. I’ll enclose a photo

Can anyone offer me guidance on anything I can do to tidy this up? I’m not going to touch it till I receive guidance from people that are far more experienced than me

I’ve run my fingers, and fingernails over it. Most of it is deposited paint or grime, I suspect. One small scratch along the middle of it, but not enough to catch a fingernail. Which is at least a small mercy.

Many thanks in advance,

Nick

First - see if you can feel the marks with a finger nail.
NO - it will deffo polish out
YES - it might polish out.

Try T-Cut or something a bit stronger ( I use meguiars ultimate compound ) with a microfibre cloth.
That should take off the worst of it - it may even move it all.

You’re welcome to pop over here at a convenient time Nick, and I’ll get the polisher out and we can assess.

Autoglym super resin polish should shift most if not all of that.
Microfiber cloth with above and polish away with light pressure then firmer if it doesn’t shift it immediately, buff up and apply wax.:+1:

Thank you Steve, I’ll gladly take you up on that kind offer

And thanks to everyone else for the kind guidance. I do already have some Autoglym super resin polish. But I’m mindful that a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing!

As stated if its not got past the clearcoat, any T-Cut will do, AG resin polish (or any polish) will only temporary fill in the scratch marks.