Guided Tour of Goadby Marwood Hall Monday 25th March - Week Day Activity

Hi All
THIS TRIP IS NOW FULL.

THANK YOU TO ALL THAT HAVE PUT THEIR NAMES DOWN FOR THIS TRIP WE ARE REALLY HAPPY THAT SO MANY OF YOU HAVE WANT TO BE INCLUDED FOR A MID WEEK EVENT.

AS THIS IS A RELATIVELY SMALL VENUE WE HAVE NOW HAD TO CLOSE THE THREAD AS THEY HAVE ALREADY ASKED FOR FULL CONFIRMATION OF THE NUMBER OF ATTENDEES AND FULL PAYMENT.

THANK YOU

PLEASE SEE THE BOTTOM OF THIS THREAD FOR THE LATEST UPDATE (12th Feb 24)

We have arranged for a Private Guided Tour of Goadby Marwood Hall and Gardens for the North East Midlands members on Monday 25th March.

This is situated in the village of Goadby Marwood, near Melton Mowbray LE14 4LN.
This group tour will last one and a half to two hours and finish with tea/coffee and homemade cakes included for £22.00 p.p.

Goadby Marwood Hall is a seventeenth-century Grade II* house next to a beautiful thirteenth-century church in a tiny village just north of Melton Mowbray. In 1750 a new Palladian-style south wing was built. The 180-acre estate was a subsidiary holding of the Duke of Rutland and often the residence of members of his family.

In 2000 it was inherited by Vicky Westropp. She and her husband have worked tirelessly, restoring the neglected house and redesigning the garden, based on eighteenth-century plans. Planted for year-round interest, it boasts a chain of five lakes over ten acres and several interconnected walled gardens — a feast for the eye.

We plan to arrange a short run before our early afternoon visit and a meet up possibly at a garden centre first. All still in the planning stages but would just like to start the thread and see how much interest we can get.

Please add your name below if you would like to join us.
Thank you
David and Ann

Colour me interested please team.

Chris

Hi David & Ann.
Please include me.

Thanks Dennis

Hi David and Ann

Please count me in.

Many thanks David

Hi David n Ann We go to Northumberland that day so will be unable to attend Ray n Glennis

Please add Paul & Jayne to the list. Thanks.

Please count Angie & Chris in.

We would love to join you for this outing. Thanks for arranging.
Reg and Lynn

Hi
Please add John and Jan to the list for this drive.
Thanks
Jan x

Hi David and Ann,
Love to join you and thanks for arranging this week day activity.
Kind regards,
Anthony and Carol

This sounds a lovely outing :blush: please add us to your list.
Karen and Paul Wesson

Hi David and Ann

Please add us to the list, sounds lovely.

Anita and David

Hi David & Ann

Please add us to your run

Don & Kate

Hi David, Ann
Please add us to your list.
Carol,Terry

Hi David & Ann
Please add us to the list
Thanks
Graeme & Christine

Hi All
Update Details

I have now just received the invoice for our trip to Goadby Marwood Hall.
I will be sending the non refundable deposit of £44.00 today, and the balance will be due by approximately 4th March which I will pay in full.
If I see you over the next couple of weeks at the Railway Inn on the 22nd February for the mid week meal or at the Coopers on the 29th February or at the Sunday Run 3rd of March I will take your £22.00 p.p fees or you can pay me on the day.

We will be meeting up with you at Dobbies Garden Centre, Loughborough Road, Rothley, Leicestershire LE7 7NL.
We will arrive there at 11:30am for a coffee and will leave at 12:45 pm, so please join us when you are ready.
We will have an approximate one hour run through some country lanes to Goadby Marwood Hall for our Tour which starts at 2:30pm which will last for 1.5 -2 hours and then Nanny Kiss’s home-made teas with a choice of homemade cakes.

Chris
Dennis
David S
Angie and Chris
Paul and Jayne
Reg and Lynn
John and Jan
Anthony and Carol
Karen and Paul
Anita and David
Don and Kate
Carol and Terry
Greame and Christine

Please add us too.

Ian & Chris

Hi Ian and Chris
You are most welcome.
Thank you
Ann and David

I’d like to attend this please,

Many thanks,

Sara.

Hi Sara
You are more than welcome to join us for the trip to Goadby Marwood Hall.
I have to pay the balance up front next week, so it would help if you will be at the Sunday Run or tonight’s Coopers meeting to pay me? It is over £400 in total and non returnable. If not can you please get in touch and I can give you my bank details.
Sorry to have to ask, really pleased that you want to join us and look forward to seeing you.
Thank you
David and Ann