Gyeon Wet Coat

Love the beading i get after applying this after a good detailing afternoon :heart_eyes:

Have you got any other protection on the paint?

Nope :slight_smile:

I use the Gyeon Can Coat. Also highly recommended. :+1:

1 Like

Just that Iā€™d expect better beading than that (sorry, not intending to burst your bubble!)
So if you have nothing else on the paint, you might want to do another pass over with it :+1:

Iā€™ve tended to find when Iā€™ve applied it to other cars in the family which donā€™t have any protection on the paint, durability isnā€™t as great and the beads are less tightly packed.

Just for comparison, this is a shot from a friendā€™s BMW M2 with wax protection underneath Wet Coat:

Not sure Iā€™m following :smiley: Youā€™re friends BMW has wax underneath so is better right? I get that. Mine literally has a few sprays of the wet coat, are you saying it should look like your pic?

Iā€™d expect to see smaller and more uniform beading, yes.

Iā€™d go over it again, and you should see an improvement :+1:

Stop fretting, it looks perfectly acceptable to me, and if I am truthful, it looks better than the BMW.
:heart:

1 Like

Stop bead shaming me :smiley:

Cheers Malc! :heart:

1 Like

What causes white spotting when you get sunlight on beading? I used to get it on a BRG cellulose or 2 pack finish on a previous car.
Thatā€™s why I always view beading with suspicion. :face_with_monocle:

Itā€™s like a burn. The bead is a lens focussing the sun on a point.

You have me intrigued. Why do you think the BMW beading looks worse?

I use Autofinesse Aqua Coat and get OK results, at least not bad for about 2 or 3 mins work at the end of a wash. Itā€™s the only ā€œprotectionā€ I have given it. (yes I know itā€™s not really protection)

Wet Coat is excellent and I used to use it a lot
Hello again BTW
I now use, what I consider to be a better product in terms of duarabilty (2 months(Gyeon) v 6 months) ā€¦pretty much the same in terms of protection and shine once dried off. The main difference is that it can be applied through a Snow Foam lance/ cannon. The product is:

Hello stranger! Hope youā€™re well :wave:

Very well thanks Steve. You ok too?
This popped up so thought Iā€™d reply and recommend a better product IMO
No ND anymore of course, just a plain Cooper S ā€˜Paddy Hopkirk Editionā€™ #1/100 in the UK

3 Likes