Hagerty series Capturing Car Culture with Larry Chen

I’ve really enjoyed watching some of these. Recently Larry did a video on Liberty Walk. The playlist is here: Japan’s Most ICONIC Tuning Shop: Liberty Walk’s Massive HQ | Capturing Car Culture (youtube.com)

Part way through the video I spotted an ND that might have been given the Liberty Walk treatment but I can’t find any info about it. Here’s a still from the video:

It looks like a crazy build and it’d be interesting to know more about it.

It doesn’t appear to be a car done by Liberty Walk themselves. It could be a visitor’s car which appears to be sporting the bodykit from “Rocket Bunny” as it’s known in Japan or “Pandem” as it’s known in the US:

Larry’s vids are great (as are Hagerty in general) and whilst they focus on bigger power \ drift hardware, it’s not uncommon to see an MX5!

If you enjoy the wilder side of Mazda tuning \ styling, I can highly recommend Mad Mike’s channel, he has just built a front engined (and 5 rotor!) 787 replica - https://youtu.be/Yg-qzFtJr3g?feature=shared - and you’ll often see his NA and ND builds in the workshop.

Yes, I’d found that and couldn’t decide whether it was the same kit on the car outside Liberty Walk. The car in the video looks like it might have a seat swap and some additions to the dashboard on the passenger side so might be quite interesting in its own right.

The production quality and the passion of the people they feature is what draws me in. I find watching people that are that dedicated to their art or craft really compelling. The RWB video was great as well.

I saw this mx5 in the background of “Ben Collins drives” on YouTube. I’ve not seen this headlight design. Tom Matano said at the 30th anniversary mx5 event that when he was designing the mx5, they wanted to use something similar but the technology didn’t exist at the time. It’s an interesting look! Does anyone know this car? It was at a track day at Donington park.

Looks a bit like the Garage Vary set?

This is a great thread covering most options!

https://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?329-Mazda-Miata-Headlight-Conversion-amp-Tail-Light-conversion-Thread

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.