Halo Lights

1. My model of MX-5 is: 1997
  2. I’m based near: Bolton
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Fitting halo lights

Hello. I am interested in fitting some halo lights to my MK1. Has anyone got any recommendations, I am looking for an easy fit plug and play set that doesn’t require splicing the wiring harness to get the halo indicator to work.

Thanks

Simon

Headlight is plug and play, you will have to splice to get halo and indictator to work. I didn’t connect indicator as it doesn’t flash in sync with bulbs and looked awful.

Ebay or Amazon search for 7" land rover headlights. Or aliexpress at half price! These are LED sealed units and “E” marked and have passed three MOT’s

4 Likes

I bought these:

Cheapest with E mark that I could find at the time.

They were an easy “plug and play” replacement of the standard units, but you will need to run a signal from the wiring for sidelights or indicator if preferred.

I’m local (near Wigan) if you wish to see in person, or want a hand fitting. I’m at most NW runs also.

Hi Jeff

Thank you for your response and info, your car looks brilliant. I do like the look of the halo lights.

I was hoping to get the indicators working also but I have noticed on YouTube that some of them don’t seem to flash in time with the indicators. Maybe its not an option.

Also on my car, I am not sure if it is the same on all years when I put my sidelights on the lights don’t pop up so the halo wont be lit. Maybe if I press the lights up button when the sidelights are on it might work!

Have you got fancy lit up reflectors too?

thanks again
Simon

Hi Ian
Thanks so much for the info and kind offer. I love your car. I also have a silver one, I think yours is an iS where mine is just a 1.8. I am liking the front spoiler you have and been contemplating one of those.

Do your halos light up with the sidelights?

I have been wanting to pop along to one of the NW meetings. It would be great to see how yours works and how they are fitted.

Thanks again
Simon

Hi Simon,

Yes, the halo indicators fail to flash in time with the indicators, made worse on mine as the sidelights are “switchback” so they are Daylight Running Lights normally and indicators when needed. I bought U.S. indicators for the front as they are single bulb and no yellow insert.

You have to “pop-up” the headlights for the halos to be effective though.

I bought illuminated front (yellow) and red (rear) side repeaters that are LED as well. The car is low on the ground, and I wanted to make sure I was easy to see.

Love it. those lit up reflectors look awesome.

1 Like

I love those, they really make the car look smiley :grin:

1 Like