Hammers, Pincers, Oil Cans and Lamps

Hammers, Pincers, Oil Cans and Lamps

Our March run will start at The Hammer and Pincers on the outskirts of Sheffield, S11 7PW   https://www.thehammerandpincers.co.uk/ meeting at 9:30 for a cuppa or a full breakfast,

Leaving at 10:15 our route will take us via Ringinglow, Ladybower, Strines, Ewden, Upper Midhope, Langsett, Flouch, Millhouse Green, Victoria, Hepworth and onto The Oil Can Café for a comfort stop and late morning drink.

From there it is onto New Mill, Thongsbridge, Thurstonland, Stocksmoor, Highburton, Rowley Green, High Green, finishing at The National Mining Museum in Overton, nr Wakefield WF4 4RH www.ncm.org.uk

At the Museum I propose to book an underground tour, £3.00

Meet a Miner

Get kitted out with your hard hat and battery lamp then step into the cage to descend 140m underground to discover the harsh realities of coal mining through the centuries.

Led by our lively former-miner guides, our ‘Meet a Miner’ tour will take you on a journey through time to discover the different ages of mining, from Victorian times where women and children worked underground alongside men, through to pit ponies and modern machinery.  Hear all about your guide’s working life and experiences in the mines. What’s more, the displays on this underground tour were recently updated as part of our Making Sense of Mining development project - see if you can guess which display is modelled on your guide!

After a drink or snack in the museums café members will be able make their own way home, taking the B6128 in Horbury is a shortcut to the M1 at Jct 40.

Sounds good! We were at the Oil Can yesterday ( Saturday) for lunch. Excellent food and great atmosphere.

We should be able to make it , I’m working that morning but should be OK 

See you all Sunday morning …probably around 10 ish  

Me and Anthony will there in Yogi.  It will be our first run out as members  we enjoyed the last run so much 

Got the B-Spec back for the weekend. Woop Woop. Will be on the run tomorrow.

What time ish at The OIl can cafe please ?

If we get away from The Hammer and Pincers promptly, I think we will be at the cafe 11:30 to 11;45

Many thanks hope to join you there!

Lovely day to be out with P&P and well supported by the 21 or so cars out today. We hope everyone enjoyed it and nice to meet some new members.
Thanks to Burton & Lesley for organising it and to the staff at the Oil Can in coping well as we descended upon them.

Glad you enjoyed it, I think we will be returning to The Oil Can later in the year for and evening ‘meeting at my local meeting’ or one of their BBQ’s

There was a lot to see, unfortunatley time was not with us today

I think me and my friend drove post you all just as you all was leaving the pub towards the oil can. I was in my green eunos and he was in his robin kit car 

we was going to the oil can for brekkie. You have Some nice motors guys. Had a look round afterwards. Loved the seats in the black mk1 

Ours was a not a full run but managed a bacon and egg sarnie and a cup of tea , also a quick into to several other mx5 ers good run out , pity we could not all park together , well worth another trip