Hardtop seal issues with passenger window

1. My model of MX-5 is: 2005 Icon (mk2.5 nbfl)
  2. I’m based near: Chesterfield
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: The door window seals on my hardtop.

I bought a hardtop off of a mid-90s NA (unsure of the exact year) recently with the hopes of being able to use a suction bike mount. Overall it’s great, I think it looks better, gives much more headroom and generally makes the car feel better imo. However, an issue has been plaguing me since I bought it: loads of wind noise from the passenger window at 60mph+. The driver’s side sits perfectly with absolutely no wind noise luckily.

I recently got my dad to drive the car down a local, straight piece of derestricted road while I sat in the passenger seat to identify the source of the leak. I discovered that it was coming right from the lower back corner, where the door, window and hardtop all meet. The gap is miniscule, not even big enough for me to fit my little finger through, but when the seal is pushed with excessive force it stops the noise.

I have tried adjusting the hardtop, moving the seal channel further outwards, filling the area of the seal with silicone sealant and replacing the seal entirely, none of which have worked. I am aware that the NAs and NBs have different window seals, but when searching for a new one online, no one seemed to specify.

Is there something obvious I’m missing?