Has anyone used rustbusters in spalding for underseal work?

1. My model of MX-5 is: __NC 2(3.5) SPORT TECH 2013
  2. I’m based near: __Grantham
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __underseal

I’m looking at getting my car undersealed.
however, I just read the mx5 city underseal horror thread.

and so now I am looking for some reassurance
nowhere in Grantham does underseal and I don’t want to be rolling around under the car in the cold.

I’ve been told about a place in Spalding.
rustbusters
https://www.rust.co.uk/product/rustbuster-corrolan-half-day-rust-proofing-service-price-list-193

has anyone used them and if so what did you think about the quality of the work!

I just found a youtube vid of their work.

of course, it has to be noted that a promotional youtube video is going to show their absolute best work and the gap between that and what the average customer gets could be anything!

furthermore, I have Zero personal experience of underseal.

I had my Eunos done there in 2017 along with having annual inspections.

I think they’ve changed their products since mine was done, but I was pleased with the work, no mess anywhere apart from one small bit on the door which came off easily with white spirit.

They are very thorough, had my car for 2 days which involved a thorough clean/detox before drying and then applying the treatment. The inspections don’t take too long but include topping up anywhere that needs it.

Yep, had my MX5 done back in 2011 by them and still looks as good under the car. No mess and if you want I think they also do a picture stage as they go along setup you can request. Recommended. They recommended that it was rechecked every few years. I did this for 4 years then started my own checks after that.

thanks, guys.

they don’t do Waxoyl.
they do a yellow-tinted transparent coating.

also, they have got the process down to just 4 hours for small cars like the mx5 and mini.

@PhilGee that isn’t your car in the video is it :clown_face:

Have used their products and they’re excellent and tbh they seem pretty transparent with their methods. If they weren’t so far that’s where I’d be going

I’ve never used them, but found my way to their website a few weeks ago because they also sell their own rust remover products on eBay when I was comparing prices/reviews.

Lol, no, mine was a Eunos/mk1!

Not sure I like the look of the yellow tint of the wax tbh, looks a bit too much like the rust they’re treating to me :rofl:

I think the chap in the video doing the work is the guy that did the annual inspection for me last year. He is into his Japanese cars, just trying to remember which one(s) he said now!

1 Like

yeah, that yellow color is very close to the color of light rust.
tbh I really don’t like the colour at all and would prefer a waxoyl job but I can find anywhere local that wants to do it.

I gather the idea with these new treatments is you can still see the car through the protection so you’re able to see any areas that have started to corrode and deal with them quickly while other underseals remain looking good but can corrode away under it, so until large chunks start getting crunchy you think all is well and good with your cars chassis.

As an aside you’re also only 25 miles away from the MX-5 restorers at Thrussington Garage, maybe they’d use waxoyl if you asked them to.

Or go old school with a brush and bucket of old engine oil :smiley: (wonder if that’s still allowed…)

thanks for the tip about MX-5 restorers at Thrussington Garage.

yeah, thats a really solid point and while i dont like the look of that yellow stuff i am coming around to the benifits.