Has the forum been updated?

Hi,
Has there been optimisation carried out on the forum for mobile devices? The forum looks pretty different on my phone today than yesterday, wondered if this is something that’s changed on my device or the forum itself?

It seems to be an improvement to my experience using it, things lay out better when the forum pages load.

Thanks in advance. :+1:

Last forum software update was a month or more ago, perhaps your mobile device cache has updated, it can take a while sometimes.

Thanks, having been around a few sites now it seems like a browser or device update :+1:.

My Motorola seems to have updated twice in the past month. It also as you say makes for browsing this forum a little different.

Tend to use my Dell laptop and I’ve noticed a shopping trolley addition

On this forum?

Yes…but have changed browser from E*** to N****** to try and block adds

Got an error Message today ‘Database Error’ going from N*****

Hope I’ve not been hacked and it’s just taking N time to link ???

Okay, there is no shopping trolley as part of this site.

For a browser we would always recommend the most up to date version of one of the following as this is what the software editor (Discourse) recommend:

Chrome - Google Chrome – Download the fast, secure browser from Google
Edge - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/download?form=MA13FJ
Safari - for Apple devices, no need to link that as it is in built.

To scan your local device I would suggest the free version of Malware bytes, you can use it manually without taking out a subscription.

Hi Ian…Just gone in through Edge…no shopping trolley…was already fed up with the N version for various reasons

Thanks for your prompt attention

Fair enough, all of those are excellent modern browsers.

However, my little old Dell uses none of those, and I find FF works perfectly.

And I always use MWB when commissioning new PCs for friends to help clean out the inevitable bloatware.

Where ?

Firefox is also a good browser even if it has lost its way a bit in recent years and is in danger of having compatibility support dropped by some major software developers.

I’ve just checked all of my Security :cold_sweat:

And the N***** does seem pretty genuine BUT I’ve uninstalled it just to be on the safe side because I’ve been fine with Edge…Just another Failed Attempt on my part to Ad Block

If it aint broke don’t fix it

Any guidance on Ad Blocking would be appreciated

PS…It was called N***** Safe Search and it did Ad Block but kept asking me to authorise it as default each time I logged on PLUS lost my Google Tool Bar so when on the Club Site had to come out of it to check things like spelling etc

Just a quick thanks to Forum Admin who I called this am as was getting ‘you are blocked from this site notice’ :+1:
They not only picked up after two rings but they were real people :wink: and guided me through steps to re-activate
If only all sites were like the MX-5 O.C. :saluting_face: :mortar_board:

1 Like

Firefox + uBlock Origin + Privacy Badger here.

1 Like

Another for Firefox and uBlock Origin here

Sorry chaps will stick to what I don’t know… Being forced to use phone I don’t understand as being blocked by Club on the Laptop
It’s all too much for me at the moment trying to cope with Tech I don’t understand so cancelled membership for now
Hopefully back in future :broken_heart:

I know how you might be feeling but there are a vast number of good people on here and their combined knowledge is vast and unbelievably useful so please just have a short break and come straight back and enjoy that knowledge and the inevitable good natured banter that exists within.

Have a good Christmas and hopefully we will see you return refreshed and rejuvenated in the new year.

:hearts: :hearts:

TY MadMalc sound advice. Hope Admin can sort out my access problem via Laptop…no joy so far
Perhaps it’s some algorithm that did it auto due to me saying the H word eg like it blocks swear words ?
Artificial Intelligence not yet understanding human anxiety or sense of humour enuf?
What I do know is that after logging on first thing I do is updates followed by security then engage secure VPN
But gonna take your advice and agree with all your points
:heart::+1::heart::+1:
Can’t do anything more my end

1 Like