Hate new systems

Oh boy. Can’t seem to access anything. Going round and round in circles. Managed to read some very positive comments on new system, not in my case.
No a/c access, can’t find profile. Have changed my password to access system, got my old forum name and that’s it.:triumph::rage:

Patience please Dave. It’s been a massive operation getting this far, and there are going to be a few initial issues and they are most likely to be with us users with the more complex access needs, so ask for help and it will be sorted.
Personally I’m amazed its all working as smoothly as it is which is a credit the guys who have managed the process, given the complexity of it all.

Lol. Just needed to vent. I was expecting issues but when I saw the other positive comments I thought I want to be like that.:grin:

I have a love hate relationship with computers and like you say, I’m also going around in circles.

I have already had a challenge resetting my password, the first 6 times I followed the instructions I received an email with a link with about 400 characters, guess what, it didn’t work!
I guess I will work it out in time!

Richard.

Patience is a virtue.
Possess it if you can.
Found only in a SWMBO :zipper_mouth_face:
And never in her man. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

So she says anyway. I just say “Yes” to reduce flesh wounds. :face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

coconino …If you click on Change Password Then fill in email address on the window that pops up an email will be generated to your in box. Open the link in that email and I am assured that the password box should now open without a suggested password. Insert your own password and that should be it. :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

I am a ex IT permi and contractor but still adhere to my favourite adage, taught to me years ago when I messed something up ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it’.
Well apparently the old forum was broke so had to be fixed.
Fingers, toes and everything else crossed that the new forum is superior to the old and works well for us.

1 Like

As I said, I tried 6 times, the links sent to me were about 400 characters long, I seeked help and Khalid sent this “ My apologies - I’ve looked into this and it looks like our email delivery service was reformatting the links - hence why they were so long. ” so it wasn’t something I was doing wrong and I eventually was able to log in and leave my above post.

Richard.

Same thing has been happening to me. Hopefully Khalid can sort out for me.