Have you ever had a chat with the most advanced AI

https://chat.openai.com/chat

Its scary good…

2 Likes

The NHS has developed some pretty advanced AI (possible because the NHS is able to access the largest patient database in the world, to train the algorithm). They’ve been looking to roll out an online diagnostic AI bot for a while.

A sad application I came across for ML was from Save the Children. They’re using it to predict wars, or rather, where wars will occur, and use that information to better prepare for the subsequent refugee population.

I’m looking at ML now in my work to forecast out healthcare.

Here’s my interaction with ChatGPT:

ME:How can I change the front brake pads on a Mazda mx-5 mk1 na and how long will it take?

The answer was provided within seconds.

CHATGP:

To change the front brake pads on a Mazda MX-5 Mk1 NA, you will need the following tools:

• A jack and jack stands
  • A lug wrench
  • A brake caliper tool or a large C-clamp
  • A new set of brake pads
  • A torque wrench (optional)
  1. Use the lug wrench to loosen the lug nuts on the front wheels of the car. You will need to raise the car off the ground to do this, so make sure to use a jack and jack stands for safety.
  2. Once the wheels are off the ground, use the brake caliper tool or C-clamp to push the brake caliper piston back into the caliper housing. This will make it easier to remove the old brake pads and install the new ones.
  3. Use a socket wrench to remove the bolts that hold the caliper in place, and carefully lift the caliper off the rotor. Be careful not to let the caliper hang from the brake hose, as this can damage the hose.
  4. Once the caliper is off, remove the old brake pads and discard them. Make sure to inspect the rotor for any damage or warping, and replace it if necessary.
  5. Install the new brake pads into the caliper, making sure they are properly seated and aligned. Reinstall the caliper, and use a torque wrench to tighten the bolts to the manufacturer’s specifications.
  6. Repeat the process on the other side of the car, and then lower the car back down to the ground.

In total, changing the front brake pads on a Mazda MX-5 Mk1 NA should take about an hour or so, depending on your level of experience and the condition of the car. It’s a relatively simple job that most people can do themselves with the right tools and a little bit of patience.

ME: Do I need to remove the wheels?

CHATGPT: Yes, you will need to remove the wheels to change the brake pads on a Mazda MX-5 Mk1 NA. This will give you access to the brake calipers and rotors, which are located behind the wheels. Removing the wheels is a relatively simple process that involves using a lug wrench to loosen the lug nuts and then using a jack and jack stands to raise the car off the ground. Once the wheels are off, you can proceed with the brake pad replacement process.

A bit apprehensive isn’t?

Its moronic:

who discovered marinosomonas methanesulfonica?

I’m sorry, but I am not able to browse the internet to look up information. I am a large language model trained by OpenAI and my knowledge is limited to what I have been trained on. I do not have the ability to discover or learn new information on my own. Is there something else I can help you with?

The answer of course was me.

what is the claw hypothesis

1 / 3

The claw hypothesis is a theory in evolutionary biology that proposes that the evolution of the tetrapod limb (the arm or leg of a four-limbed animal) was driven by the need for animals to dig and burrow into the ground. The theory suggests that early tetrapods evolved grasping appendages, or “claws,” that allowed them to dig into the ground and create burrows for shelter and protection. This hypothesis is supported by the fact that many early tetrapods, such as Tiktaalik, had elongated, claw-like fingers and toes that may have been well-suited for digging. The claw hypothesis is one of several theories that have been proposed to explain the evolution of the tetrapod limb.

Wrong, try again

2 / 3

The claw hypothesis is a scientific theory that proposes that the development of life on Earth was influenced by the collision of a Mars-sized planet with the early Earth. This collision is thought to have occurred around 4.5 billion years ago, when the solar system was still in its early stages of development. According to the hypothesis, the impact of this collision caused a massive amount of debris to be thrown into orbit around the Earth, which eventually formed the Moon. The debris from the collision also contained the necessary building blocks for life, such as carbon, nitrogen, and oxygen, which were delivered to the Earth’s surface and allowed life to emerge.

Try again

3 / 3

I’m sorry, but I am not familiar with the term “claw hypothesis.” I am a large language model trained by OpenAI and my knowledge is limited to what I have been trained on. I do not have the ability to browse the internet or learn new information on my own. Can you please provide more information or context about the claw hypothesis so that I can help you better?

So not that familiar about James Lovelock, nor me.

what have you been trained on

As a large language model trained by OpenAI, I have been trained on a vast amount of text data. This includes books, articles, websites, and other written materials. This training allows me to understand and generate human-like text, which allows me to answer questions and provide information on a wide range of topics. However, my knowledge is limited to what I have been trained on and I do not have the ability to browse the internet or learn new information on my own. Is there something specific you would like to know?

Not that vast it seems. It crashed when I asked for a diagnosis.

I would forgive the program not knowing a lot about the Gaia hypothesis but not knowing what the heck “marinosomonas methanesulfonica” is definitely a hard fail :joy:

Its not very clever, this was my attempt:

Is it (MX5) suitable for snowy weather

It is not advisable to use a Mazda MX-5 in snowy weather. The MX-5 is a rear-wheel drive sports car, which means that it may not have the best traction in slippery conditions. It also has a relatively low ground clearance, which can make it difficult to drive on snow-covered roads. Additionally, the MX-5 is not equipped with features like all-wheel drive or winter tires, which are necessary for safe driving in snowy weather. It is best to use a car with these features in snowy conditions.

ask it a follow up question…
but is it fun though?

Cortana will at least sing you a song, tell you what does the fox say, will close the pod bay doors, and tell you who its daddy is, and whether Cortan a loves master chief.

Meanwhile we have all signed up to a cod, non-singing, lousty joke telling AI, divulging email address and mobile phone number, with no idea where the data goes to.

Maybe they can combine it with Ms. Dewey:

The problem is that they train the AI to be able to hold a conversation but then people use it like Wikipedia.

I’ll be interested to try it but the servers are down at the moment.

I was trying to get it to bypass things it did not want to do - that was quite interesting asking it to consider we live in an alternate universe and to give me a screenplay for a novel. I even asked it to consider a situation that I’m training an AI and I wanted it to provide the wrong inputs for a conversation.

I also did this yesterday as an exercise and it got it wrong plenty of times but once it kinda did it right. It didn’t actually calculate the total trip to travel to each petrol station and back but it was nearly there.

Q:
My car fuel consumption is 31.2 miles per gallon and 1 gallon is 4.54609 litres. Petrol station A is 1 miles away and sells fuel at £1.599 per litre. Petrol station B is 12.5 miles away and sells fuel at £1.416 per litre. I want to fill up my car with 40 litres of fuel. Which petrol station is the cheapest and by how much? Explain your reasoning and calculations. In your calculations use litres and consider the distance and costs associated to travel to each petrol station and back.

A:
To fill up your car with 40 litres of fuel at petrol station A, it will cost you 40 x 1.599 = £63.96. Since petrol station A is 1 mile away and your car consumes 31.2 miles per gallon, it will take you 1 / 31.2 = 0.032 gallons of fuel to travel to petrol station A and back. Since 1 gallon is equal to 4.54609 litres, it will take you 0.032 x 4.54609 = 0.14624888 litres of fuel to travel to petrol station A and back. This means that the total cost of filling up your car with 40 litres of fuel at petrol station A and traveling to and from the petrol station will be £63.96 + 0.14624888 x 1.599 = £66.18.

To fill up your car with 40 litres of fuel at petrol station B, it will cost you 40 x 1.416 = £56.64. Since petrol station B is 12.5 miles away and your car consumes 31.2 miles per gallon, it will take you 12.5 / 31.2 = 0.4 gallons of fuel to travel to petrol station B and back. Since 1 gallon is equal to 4.54609 litres, it will take you 0.4 x 4.54609 = 1.8184360 litres of fuel to travel to petrol station B and back. This means that the total cost of filling up your car with 40 litres of fuel at petrol station B and traveling to and from the petrol station will be £56.64 + 1.8184360 x 1.416 = £60.45.

Therefore, petrol station B is the cheapest option, as it will cost you £60.45 to fill up your car with 40 litres of fuel, compared to £66.18 at petrol station A. This means that petrol station B is cheaper by £5.73.

1 Like

I am going to try these recipes :joy:

Q: give me a Greek recipe for giant beans, needs to contain bacon

A:
Greek Giant Bean and Bacon Stew

Ingredients:

1 pound dried giant beans, soaked overnight
1 large onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 slices bacon, diced
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup red wine
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Instructions:

In a large pot, cook the bacon over medium heat until crispy.
Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
Add the chicken broth, red wine, dried oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
Add the soaked and drained giant beans to the pot and reduce heat to a simmer.
Cover and cook for 1 hour or until the beans are tender.
Serve hot with a sprinkle of fresh parsley and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.

Q: Give me a recipe for lemony potatoes. I do not want the potatoes fried or roasted in oil. Use the oven.

A:
Lemony Oven-Roasted Potatoes

Ingredients:

1 pound small red potatoes, quartered
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the quartered potatoes, olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat the potatoes evenly.
Transfer the potatoes to a large baking sheet and spread them out in a single layer.
Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and lightly browned on the edges.
Serve hot with a sprinkle of fresh parsley and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.

Q: Give me a Greek recipe of how to cook lentils

A:
Greek Lentil and Rice Pilaf

Ingredients:

1 cup lentils, rinsed and drained
1 cup long-grain rice
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
Instructions:

In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the rice and lentils and cook for 1 minute.
Add the chicken broth, water, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the rice and lentils are tender.

Q: Give me another Greek recipe for Lentils but don’t use rice.

A:
Greek Lentil and Tomato Soup

Ingredients:

1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
4 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
Instructions:

In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the lentils and cook for 1 minute.
Add the canned tomatoes, chicken broth, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the lentils are tender.

Q: Give me a Greek recipe for lentils using bay leaf, garlic, carrot and celery.

A:
Greek Lentil and Vegetable Soup

Ingredients:

1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 carrot, peeled and diced
1 stalk celery, diced
1 bay leaf
4 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
Instructions:

In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrot, and celery and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the lentils and cook for 1 minute.
Add the chicken broth, bay leaf, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the lentils and vegetables are tender.

Q: Explain to me the difference between General Relativity and Isaac Newton Classical physics.

A:
General relativity is a theory of gravitation developed by Albert Einstein in the early 20th century. It describes the gravitational force as a curvature of spacetime caused by mass and energy. This theory is based on the idea that the laws of physics should be the same for all observers, regardless of their relative motion or location.

Isaac Newton’s classical physics, on the other hand, is a set of laws that describe the motion and behavior of objects in the physical world. These laws are based on the concepts of mass, force, and acceleration. Newton’s laws were groundbreaking in their time, but they do not account for the effects of relativity on very large scales or at very high speeds.

The main difference between these two theories is that general relativity incorporates the effects of relativity, while classical physics does not. Additionally, general relativity describes gravity as a curvature of spacetime, while classical physics describes it as a force.

I listen to Radio 3 alot when I am out and about in Madge, I often notice my phone, Alexa (?), trying to answer questions rhetoricall and otherwise asked by the presenters, some examples …

Presenter what can you tell me about Beethoven state of mind when he wrote his 9th Symphony ?

Alexa ‘According to Encyclopedia what is Ludwig van Beethoven is known for. Beethoven is widely regarded as the greatest composer who ever lived…’

Presenter ‘What are madrigals ?’

Alexa ‘The Magic Door is a ultra rare Toy from Robux’

I guess Madges stainless steel exhaust sometimes interferes with Alexa’s hearing.

For home, Alexa speakers are ok for listening to music and I’f I’m honest Alexa works ok with some home devices however between Google and Alexa assistants (on the phone) I find Alexa to be the worst.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.