Hello from Hampshire! First MX5

Hi All, I’m Josh and I’ve been meaning to make this post for a couple months but only just getting around to it.

I brought my first MX5, a 91’ 1.6 Import, at the beginning of December and have loved every minute of it so far. Being only my second car its taken a bit of getting used to from my first (A Mk 6 Fiesta, very original first car I know) but its everything I wanted it to be and more.

If anyone is between the Hartley Wintney and Basingstoke area, Give us a wave! I’m fortunate to be able to take her out a couple times a week for work and am looking forward to when all of this is over and attending events and meetings.

A couple of obligatory pictures.

5 Likes

Welcome to the world of MX5 ownership. Be warned, it is like the rabbit hole in Alice in Wonderland. It starts off with a car, then you start looking for ways to “improve/personalise” it…

Anyway, I am sure that you are having fun driving it. Looks ok from the pictures!

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the forums.
Hope the sun shines brightly on you but if it doesn’t, get the top down anyway :grin::wink:

Hello Josh and welcome… Better late that never :slight_smile:
NA looks good in the pics - Enjoy.
Rob from North Nottinghamshire

Welcome to the passion! Quite a few of us in the Guildford, Aldershot, Alton area. Keep an eye on Facebook for information about meets when all is open and running again.
MX5 Owners Club - South Central
Hope to meet you in the future.
:grin:

I’m over in Bracknell but pop through HW on a fairly regular basis - will look out for you :smiley:

Hi Josh @Hayes98
Welcome to the Club, you have several choices The Solent Region, The South Central region, and maybe the West London region, are you aware which you are in?, here in the Solent Region our AC’s are Mal Rowland & Terry Botto, and like most OC regions not a lot going on re events or drives due to the Covid lockdown, but fingers crossed there could be by the end of june…

Very nice, reminds me of my old MK1 which was also in silver! Welcome. :slight_smile:

Hello from Essex, love the black wheels with silver :+1: