Hello from New Members

Hi, I thought I would drop my new local group a quick post! My wife Samantha and I are really excited to be getting behind the wheel of an MX-5!

Back in 2004, we bought a 1995 Red Mark 1 MX-5 1.8, no power steering but to this day I remember how much fun it was. Even in winter loved driving that car with the hood down even in the middle of winter! Come 2005 son number 1 is born and replaced with a new Honda Jazz. You guess the rest…

Our Sons are now 16 and 12 and we need a second car that is fun! We test drove a 1.5 yesterday and what a revelation felt so much like a mk1 agile with great turn-in and put a great smile on my eldest sons face. He loved it as much as we did! We have ordered a new 1.5 Sport in Crystal Soul Red for earliest delivery March 1st next year. Looking forward to taking it on runs next year, even though we have no idea at this time when we will get it.

Markus

3 Likes

Bet you can’t wait!
Welcome back to the best car ownership experience.

Looking forward to seeing you on some runs when she arrives, how exciting :grinning:

I totally agree it is one of the most fun cars I’ve ever owned and I’ve been lucky enough to have some great drivers cars! Such as a new Fiesta ST in 2014 followed by new focus RS in 2017

Certainly we intend to go on the runs as soon as we get it.