Hello from South Devon

Hi everyone, I’ve just joined the forum so I thought I’d do an introduction.

I bought my 2009 MK3 three years ago from a local garage who decided they didn’t want to put it on the forecourt so I got it on a trade sale for £1,800. It needed a new front wing, some scrapes sorted on the bumpers and the usual repair to the drivers seat but that didn’t bother me as I’ve rebuilt 2 classics in the past.

Since I’ve owned it I’ve fitted 17" wheels, front fog lights, a personalised number plate and a stereo with a reversing camera which is really useful as its parked in a tight space behind my house. My latest purchase, after a year of searching, is a hardtop to keep me cosy in the winter.

I’m good at buying cars but not very good at selling them which is why I’ve now got 4, the MX5 which I’ve had for 3 years, a 1993 Defender that I’ve had for 20 years, a 1955 Land Rover Series 1 that I’ve had for 15 years and finally a 1974 Triumph TR6 that I’ve had for 39 years.

I think that covers it.
Mike

6 Likes

Does the Mazda make your TR6 feel like an old relic - or make you love it more?

Welcome , enjoy the car and the club :+1:

I probably shouldn’t say this on this forum but the TR6 wins hands down. The Mazda has got slightly better handling and power steering but it just hasn’t got the character of the TR. Being of a more mature age I don’t drive either of them hard now but I guess if I did the MX5 would be much better. Mind you when you drive a Land Rover Series 1 anything else feels like it’s got good handling! :joy:

2 Likes