Hello from up north in North Yorkshire

Thank you. The car is in great condition and I love the blue.

Hello East Yorkshire

Thanks PR. My previous 5 (Niseko), taken on the A82 between Fort William and Corran in 2019.

Eyup! Welcome from sunny South Yorkshire.

2 Likes

Na then,

Hellooo. Nice motor

1 Like

Welcome, from another East Yorkie, happy smiley sunny days coming up :sunglasses:1.

3 Likes

Hi from another North Yorkshire member and welcome. Once we get back to being able to meet up again I hope weā€™ll see you at some of the Ridings Area runs. :blush::blush:.

1 Like

Hello Nigel nice to hear from you
I will definitely try and get to some meetings and runs

Mike,

Good Morning

You are on the slippery slope now, I started with a 2011 Mk3.5 in late 2013, that was followed by a 2004, Mk2.5 in 2015 and then a limited edition Black Sport RF in 2018, (as a retirement present to myself). Each one is driven in turn and like you I cannot stop smiling each and every time I get behind the wheel. Although all 3 are completely different to drive they all share the common trait of being great fun cars, easy on the pocket and a joy to own. We speed our holidays in Yorkshire, (most years) and canā€™t wait to take on the Buttertubs pass again. Now all I need is to find a mint Mk1 for the set!
Best Regards
Barry Grigg (Norfolk)

2 Likes

Another welcome from West Yorkā€™sā€¦ although much more chance of seeing me driving to East Coast through North Yorkā€™s :grin::+1::grin:

1 Like

Give me heads up on model, colour etc Iā€™ll keep my eyes open (always a good idea while driving :joy:) and Iā€™ll give you a wave

Iā€™ve got ā€œmiles of smilesā€ :grin:

The car is great fun although Iā€™ve only had a couple of shortish runs in it. I love it. Sounds like youā€™ve got quite a collection. As you already know we live in a beautiful part of the world and we might get the chance to meet up one day.

The way the water beads on it, it looks like that roof is well proofed :+1:

1 Like

Hi Mike

All being well, (COVID Rules permitting), we will be staying in Pateley Bridge from 22nd - 29th June and would love to meet up and share all things MX5. Not sure at this stage which of the cars we will bring along for the ride.
Should you ever visit the North Norfolk area please let me know and I can give you some good tips on places to visit and roads to follow, not to mention the best Fish and Chip shops, pubs and eating places.
Keep Well and Stay Safe
Barry

1 Like

One of the first things I did to it when I got it was to clean it and reproof it with Fabsil gold. Water beads off a treat

1 Like

Hi Barry.

If we can match dates and times up Iā€™d love to catch up with you at Pateley Bridge.

We Have friends, an Ex-RAF mate and his wife living in Barnham and visit there now and again.

Mike

Mike

Good Afternoon

That sounds perfect. As and When the holiday is confirmed, (Covid Permitting), I will let you know and try and hook up with you for some MX5 chat and a blast along Yorkshire finest roads.

Kind regards

Barry

2 Likes

Hello Barry, hopefully we will have the chance to get a blast in very soon. A chat and exchange of experiences etc sounds great. Maybe Iā€™d better get some research in to what are Yorkshireā€™s finest roads then. :laughing::grimacing:.

Of course itā€™s entirely possible you might even know better than I where the finest roads in Yorkshire. Cheers Mike

1 Like

Hi Mike

I managed to get my RF out for a 70 mile run up to Sandringham and surrounding areas yesterday, boy did it feel good to get the top down and have the sun on our backs, even if only for an hour or so! Now we just need to be released again to have some much needed fun.

Cheers Barry

Mike

Good Afternoon

Despite the best efforts of COVID-19, a house flood, (on December 23rd 2020) and the loss of my Mother-In-Law in February, we are looking forward more than ever to visiting Pateley Bridge next week, we arrive Tuesday (22nd) and are leaving the following Sunday (28th) so if you have the time and fancy meeting up that would be great. I will be bringing my Silver Mk3.5 (Icon) along for the ride. Probably easiest if you give me a call on my mobile if you are able to meet up, (07928 219033).
Hopefully catch up next week.

Kind regards

Barry