Hello! New MX5 owner and club member

Hello everyone, I’m a new member in the Tyne Tees area. I got my 1996 MX5 in september, and after a lot of rust repairs I’m really looking forward to a fun spring and summer and getting involved with the club events too.

19 Likes

Welcome, I’ve recently got a MK1 too after selling my ND… Loving it so far :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Welcome along, nice looking car and a great area to enjoy it in.

2 Likes

Welcome to the club and forum.

Where are you parked up with the other NA in the pic? Looks familiar .

I’ve been exploring routes to Ponteland when travelling up to see my son and family. Barnard Castle through Weirdale to Corbridge is my favourite so far.

1 Like

Great to see someone buying a NA…enjoy.

2 Likes

Can’t go wrong with a red NA! Welcome to the club.

1 Like

Welcome Holly and your mk1

The Tyne Tees calendar is filling up with events for you to get involved with.
Tyne Tees - MX-5 Owners Club (mx5oc.co.uk)

They have a Facebook Group that is pretty active too, for general chat and updates.
MX-5 Owners Club Tyne Tees | Facebook

2 Likes

Welcome aboard.
You’ve got your car on the road in time for all of the sunshine to come.
Enjoy your car and please feel free to share your adventures with us all.

Cheers,
Guy

2 Likes

Hi, it’s Blakey Ridge!

2 Likes

Great to see another NA owner join the ranks. Enjoy!

1 Like

Welcome aboard! The NA are terrific and great fun cars.

1 Like

That’s quite a retro thing to do, so how are finding the NA compared to the ND?

2 Likes

Hi Holly, welcome to the club. Was it you we all passed (Tyne Tees area) whilst out on a run over the North Yorkshire moors?

Its the same but VERY different if that makes sense… The ND is much much faster, drives better, more comfortable and an all round better sports car…

The NA just has bags more character in every way and despite all of the above puts a bigger smile on my face…

1 Like

That’s kind of what I thought it might be. As well as my 1.6 NA, I’ve driven a 1.8 NB and a 2-litre NC. Both the NB and NC are considerably faster and handle well. The NB was OK, not too far removed from the NA, but the NC was a different animal. It just felt like a modern car, and I didn’t get anything like the enjoyment from it. My 1.6 NA is much more fun to drive, although comfort is at a premium. At some stage I hope to try the ND. It sounds as though it will be more my thing than the NC.

1 Like