Hello! Proud new owner of a NC

From one 1.8 NC owner to another…….
Your car car looks great- many happy miles!

1 Like

Hi Jenker.
I also have a 1.8 kuro in red,brilliant car and certainly looks the part. Enjoy it and fingers crossed for some dry weather.

1 Like

Good luck with your new car. Friend of mine embarked on a 100 mile trip this morning hoping to buy this one:https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202311304436171?sort=relevance&advertising-location=at_cars&make=Mazda&model=MX-5&page=1&postcode=SS55PG&price-to=4500&radius=80&fromsra

Looked reasonable for the price, but when he got there he found it with the window open, soaked inside and dead as a dodo. He had phoned yesterday to make sure it was still available. Any decent person may have explained it was in poor condition but not the guy at this dealer.

So 200 miles and 4 hours later he is still looking.

Hi Chris
Interesting you said your dream is a blue MK1
We still have that exact car bought new in 1990- been sorned the last few years but will get around to recommissioning it -tyres etc
We go back to the early years of the club - hence our membership no5!!
Enjoy your new car
Regards Steve

1 Like

The interior pics on their website doesn’t reflect what was found upon inspection. Shocking to find it like that TBH. Having said that you make your mind up on the detail/pics at the time, there isn’t actually any description to go on in the advert apart basic info about the car, not condition. On that info or lack of it I wouldn’t have travelled, too sparse.

What shame. That mould hasn’t grown overnight! No tax since August is also a bit of a warning flag.

Does seem cheap for that age and mileage? Maybe that’s one of the reasons, but doesn’t remove the need to advertise honestly.

1 Like

I can sympathise. I drove over 100 miles to view one and had been in constant contact with the seller asking for honesty. Get there, car looks decent but parked beside a lorry in the shade. I pulled it out into the sun and it was a right state. What a waste of time I thought…

How inconsiderate, unbelievable really that a trader could be so slack.
Hope your friend finds his new toy soon…