Hellooo from (not so) sunny Fife

I don’t know about Aqua wax, someone with better detailing knowledge might come along with an answer.

I’m essentially lazy and spend as little time as possible on wet dirty work, such as cleaning the car etc.

Even so I always clean them myself, and removing all traces of tap water with a rainwater rinse makes my life so much easier, because now I don’t need to spend so long drying every last nook and cranny for it still to look nice and shiny.

I’m not saying this is what you should do, but I apply the Meguiars hybrid ceramic a couple of times a year and otherwise just use an ordinary wash and wax, and with the lime free water it all works. And of course Rain-x on all the glass-work.

An ‘18 Aprilia tuono 1100 Factory I bought new 3 on a wim, and my riding buddy’s advice, as he has one. Top fun, best bike I’ve ever had. Don’t get to use it enough though, plus using its performance here in the South is errr difficult. (but possible :wink:)

I wouldn’t use rainex on the screen, it smears.
Are you sure you want a wooden steering wheel?
Looks cool on something older, Lotus or Caterham possibly, but mx5? Each to their own though.
Have a look at momo, nardi, thin rimmed and delicate.

Make a nice birthday gift🙂, if you’ve got one coming up.
2 1/2 years will fly by, at least you’ve got it to enjoy. (Athe car)
Cheers

I have been known to wash my car in the rain (light) for this very reason.

Interesting. Not something I would have ever considered :thinking: At the moment, it’s less rainy, more snowy out there!

Yeah, I’m aiming towards a slightly vintage look with her so the wooden wheel will go in really well. One of my next projects will be covering the plastic dash & centre console in black leather with some tan stitching to accent with the seats and as much as I quite like the stock gunmetal alloys, I’d like to replace them someday with wire wheels :grin:

1 Like

Quite agree.
Different strokes…different folks.
Just over the bridge from you BTW.

2 Likes

That’s a cracking wee tip, thanks for that! Hopefully, as you say, my car’s still quite young to have developed any real issue but I’ll definitely have a wee check when it’s not teeing down with frost-like precipitation!
I’ll have a wee gander at the wheels you mentioned too- not heard of those ones before.
Ducati’s are beautiful bikes but I’m less of a sport girl and more of a retro one- am a proper Triumph lass although, ironically enough, have spent more time this last year on Harleys being as my best mate’s a Harley man. He got a new one at the tail end of Summer so if course much ‘testing’ needed doing :thinking:

Absolutely beautiful car, Fiver- love that green!
Don’t worry, I have dual nationality- it says Edinburgh on my passport!! :rofl: I have to stop and show it at the bridge on my way to work in the mornings! (On nightshifts, I just scuba the Forth and sneak in under the barbed wire)

1 Like

Priceless! :smiley:
Our son is based at Tully Polis HQ.
I’ll get him to deploy his speshul boys & keep an eye out for you border busters! :muscle:

1 Like

Haha, nooooooo, I’m trying to get into the Polis- can’t afford to get caught by border patrol! :rofl:

1 Like

Good luck with that.
If / when you succeed, you will defo meet him at one point or another.
That is all… :wink:

:rofl: I’ll keep my nose as clean as my MX-5!

1 Like

Yes, that’s the style of wheel I had in mind :slight_smile:

I love to watch the Superbikes- I live not too far from Knockhill so rarely need to find an excuse. Also used to love going to the Speedway although haven’t been in a few years but it all depends what you look for in a ride. I like the retro bikes as they’re a nice compromise between a slightly sportier feel and the comfort of a cruiser. Plus they just look damned sexy :rofl:
Having said that, I’m just retro all over- got my ticket for Historic Thruxton in the summer, assuming it goes ahead