Help needed please - planning Western region run

Look out Abergavenny Bus Station, there’s gonna be a mahoosive MX5 invasion Dancing

I believe a few Westerners met a handful of Outcast SWM OCers yesterday (i was working)

My apologies for being ignrant on the matter but as this may be our 1st ‘run’ can you advise what the format is? Do we get a route or ‘convoy’ or what? We intend dipping out when in Abergavenny to make for Tewkesbury. Cheers.

Hi, we will meet initially at the Magor services on the M4 for a 1030 departure following which we will travel directly to Abergavenny  to collect some more participants at around 1100 (I guess).  I will be supplying driving directions to each car but if this is your first run we will make sure you are in the middle of the convoy somewhere so you dont lose us.

The run will then travel in and around the Brecon Beacons and we will pass close by to Abergavenny again at the end of the run, mid to late afternoon, at which point I would expect several people to part company with the group.

Hope you can join us.

Hi, I stayed just outside Llangorse last week, Yes, there is plenty of parking at the lake, and a cafe, hope this helps,  p.s. must get to a Western branch meeting,  Sadly can’t join you, working this weekend :frowning: Chris

Aiming to get to Magor Services by 10:15 but if the traffic is like last weekend, that is at a standstill, we may miss you. In which case we’ll make our way up to Abergavenny where we intend peeling off for Tewkesbury anyway. Hopefully, see you in the morning.

What a great day, many thanks for organising todays run. It was great to see so many 5s and well done for including your signature rain shower! 

I Agree Lovely scenery, sorry I missed you & the icecream van & to those who were following me (have kept the route to see where I went wrongWink)

I hear your last run had rain but today was quite good for weather, although next time I’ll copy Lynne if she has her roof up.

Thanks again for organising it.

Liz & Steve

Hey! What’s a run without a little shower and as you say, it’s part of my signature now.  Great to see we had 21 MX5 s at Llangorse lake. Don’t think the cafe knew what had hit them even if our numbers did decline slightly by the end of the day. I think we still had 17 at picnic time by the reservoir and even the sun started to shine.

Sorry we seemed to lose you on the last part of the run but sounds like everybody was heading off in the right direction in the end.

Great to meet up with the SE Wales team, something to be repeated again in the future in another combined run and thanks to all for turning out and showing your support for the club.

P.s.  the ice cream van wasn’t there which may be why we lost you. We ended up on the other side of the dam after waiting a few minutes when we thought you might have stopped off somewhere else beforehand.

Many apologies, I’m afraid we missed the run after all that, but would like to attend one soon. By the way, the Tewkesbury Classic Car show was superb, lovely weather and we were the only Eunos there, lots of interest!!!

Smashing  run despite the odd shower at first, very unusual weather for Wales, really enjoyed the day and returned via Monmouth and Tintern.

Joint run idea was great planning, we must do it again sometime.

Thanks to all who came to todays run organised by the Westerners, it was a great day out and well attended, at one point there were 36 MX5s at Abergavenny Bus Station! We ended up at a secluded Love Festival, best ask some of your members, Perrusell, about that one lol. Weather turned out nice in the end, thoroughly enjoyed by everyone in the South Wales East group, very impressed by the friendliness of your group, look forward to coming over to your neck of the woods, cheers, Richard and Angela

Glad you had a fab time. Big Smile
We had coffee on the go and by the time we returned to the car park you’d all gone

Look forward to any more photos Thumbs up

Deb ~ you may have come across a few SWM ocers at Tewks as i think a few went to that

Photos now on the photos page (where elseBig Smile) of the Western region website   www.mx5western.co.uk.

If anybody else has anything else they would like to add please send these across to Dave Young.

Aw  jo sorry I didn’t see you, I would have come over & said hello, maybe catch up again Waving

I reckon that at time of the morning, all those 5’s outnumbered the bikes, though going back through late afternoon it looked like it was wall to wall bikes.

Clapping hands in the airJust like to add our thanks to Peter for organising the great run on Sunday and to everyone who turned up and especially those from <st1:place w:st=“on”>South Wales</st1:place>. Our friends had a great time too and were really impressed with the cars (not being as MX5 aware as the rest of us). They hadn’t realised how many different models and colours there were! Not sure if we can persuade them to join the ranks of MX5 owners though.<o:p></o:p>

We found a great pub with a garden by the river in Crickhowell and they were still serving food at 4.00pm! Good beer too. <v:shapetype coordsize=“21600,21600” o:spt=“75” o:preferrelative=“t” path=“m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe” filled=“f” stroked=“f” id="_x0000_t75"><v:stroke joinstyle=“miter”></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn=“if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0”></v:f><v:f eqn=“sum @0 1 0”></v:f><v:f eqn=“sum 0 0 @1”></v:f><v:f eqn=“prod @2 1 2”></v:f><v:f eqn=“prod @3 21600 pixelWidth”></v:f><v:f eqn=“prod @3 21600 pixelHeight”></v:f><v:f eqn=“sum @0 0 1”></v:f><v:f eqn=“prod @6 1 2”></v:f><v:f eqn=“prod @7 21600 pixelWidth”></v:f><v:f eqn=“sum @8 21600 0”></v:f><v:f eqn=“prod @7 21600 pixelHeight”></v:f><v:f eqn=“sum @10 21600 0”></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:extrusionok=“f” gradientshapeok=“t” o:connecttype=“rect”></v:path><o:lock v:ext=“edit” aspectratio=“t”></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape alt=“Beer” type="#_x0000_t75" id="_x0000_i1025" style=“width: 14.25pt; height: 14.25pt;”><v:imagedata src=“file:///C:DOCUME~1goughkLOCALS~1Tempmsohtml11clip_image001.gif” o:href=“http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/original/emotion-22.gif”></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>
Karen and Jerry<o:p></o:p>

Just watching the highlights of cycling ‘Tour of Britain’ if I’m not mistaken they went up the long hill across the Breacon Beacons that we drove up. Annoyed with myself as can’t remember its name

not tagged smiley #10661

Don’t know the name of the hill per se but likely the A 470 running alongside Pen y Fan.