Help please! NC issue

My NC is giving me a big head ache this evening. Started with a simple internal light faulty and doesn’t seem to be the bulb. Ok fuses! But now I’ve got a lot not working. No hood, no radio, DSC light flashing, no key fob working. Can’t lock car, no boot light. Any ideas? And of course engine management light as well.

Cheers

Dare I say it, that it’s those pesky skuttle grommets leaking water into the electricals behind the glove box? Just a guess at this stage as others have all had similar issues previously.

Eurgh, I remember this one and was lucky enough to catch it pretty quickly. Had v damp footwell/carpets and pulled the glove box out to find the dampness/moisture build up in there too.

Hope this is not the case here :pensive:

No I believe this to not be moisture related as car has always been under cover. Hope it’s not the body control module but trying to think of other things. Need to check all fuses in the light tomorrow

2 Likes

Ah okay, good luck, I hope you manage to figure out what’s up. These things can be real head scratchers!

Keep posting on here as there are plenty of folks on here with tonnes of knowledge :sunglasses:

Have a look at the room fuse in the main fuse box under the bonnet. Of course if that what’s caused it to blow?

2 Likes

It was the room fuse

Thanks all

4 Likes

Pheww, good news! :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Interesting, the ‘Room’ fuse shows on wiring diagrams but it not listed in the main fuse box as stated/attached???

Am I missing something? I’m intrigued (or going potty)

Roy

Yup, going potty, seen it now

:face_with_head_bandage::face_with_head_bandage:

Now all you need to know is why it blew

Not now as it was the Miyako! :wink:

Hi, I had all sorts of seemingly random electrical issues with my NC when I first got mine. The garage accurately diagnosed the problem to be rusting on the pins of the lead connecting the slave computer to the master computer. This caused erratic signals to be received by the master computer on the state of various parts, leading to various shutdowns. When new pins were installed, the problem disappeared. I don’t know if this could be your problem too, but may be worth a look into.

That sounds like a “technical” explanation of scuttle grommets!

2 Likes