HELP! Where are the Axle stand points for my 2009 NC Sport Tech?

1. My model of MX-5 is: 2009 NC Sport Tech
  2. I’m based near: York

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a 2009 NC2 Sport Tech and I’m looking to jack up the car and put it on axel stands so I can take off all 4 wheels to get them refurbed, also so I can get a proper look underneath the car.

I cant find the locations of the points to put the stands. My dad has a 2007 NC1 and has done it before on his but the underside of his car is not the same as mine.

Any advice, links to pictures or instructions would be a fantastic.

I am reluctant to do this, as I don’t already have one, but if I need to purchase a trolley jack to get the rear of the car in the air and place the axel stands on the rear jacking points then I guess that’s what I will have to do. But any advice on a way to avoid this while being safe and not damaging my car would be amazing.

Thanks all.

The 07 is the same as the 09 underneath so put them in the same place.
Cills are good enough, even better with some jacking pads.

To do this safely you will need a low height trolley jack. Jack the front up with the trolley jack under the centre of the front cross member and position axle stands under the sills using jack pads positioned where the front jacking points are, this is in between the 2 front sill drain points. Then jack up the rear with the trolley jack under the centre of the diff casing. Again put axle stands with jack pads under the rear sill jacking points. Make sure you use good quality, stable axle stands on a level concrete floor as it is all too easy to knock the car off the stands on uneven floors.

3 Likes

Watch the Car Thought channel on YouTube, he does lots on NC DIY videos, one is using axle stands.