Hi from Bournemouth

Hello All,

New member from Bournemouth checking in.

I have always wanted a sports car. Owned a few hot saloons in my time but circumstances (family, career etc) meant a roadster was always a dream.

So, here I am, a widower just turned 70 and finally realised my dream. Bought myself a 2005 NB for my birthday. I’m the second owner - it was owned by a local lady who put 31,000 miles on it, had it regularly serviced and it’s in fantastic condition. Dark blue with original hard top.

I bought it from a local garage. They serviced it, MOT’d it (no advisories) and put four new tyres on it. My first purchase for it was a trombone cleaner :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. Had biblical rain yesterday and I’m pleased to report it’s dry as a bone inside.

I had high expectations and they have been exceeded - I’ve been driving it around Dorset for the last fortnight with a huge smile on my face!

12 Likes

Hello and welcome from Nottinghamshire… Looks like you have got yourself a lovely NB, and am not surprised how much you are enjoying it! The MX-5OC is a very friendly place to be with kind social banter, good advise, and all sharing the common love of this iconic little roadster…!
Rob

Hello from Cumbria.
That’s a classy girl!
Welcome to the club.

Hi, from another low mileage NB owner, just over the border in Hampshire!
What an excellent birthday present to yourself - your car looks lovely!
I was driving around Dorset on Wednesday, but sadly did not see any other MX5’s out being enjoyed that day - even though the weather was superb then - not like today - ha, ha?!
Hope you have lots of fun with your new toy - the local Wessex region are holding meetings again now, and I am sure they would make you very welcome.

Hello, lovely looking car and in fantastic condition; I’m over in Weymouth so maybe we will pass and wave one sunny day (that sounds like a song :thinking: :grin:)

1 Like

Hi from a Hertfordshire NB owner - nice looking example you have there!

1 Like

Looks like a very nice buy - welcome!

Hi Terry,

I am a member of the mx5oc Wessex region. The majority of our members live in the Poole and Bournemouth area so you have come to the right place.
As JMK says Wessex is beginning to have a few more events being planned. If you need more information about us please get in touch with our Coordinator, Harvey Ringrose who will be more than happy to help.
His email address is wessex@mx5.co.uk

Hi Jonal, thanks - I will get in touch and look forward to meeting Wessex club members in the future. And thanks to all for your replies.

The MX-5 is my second Mazda, my daily driver is a 2013 Mazda6 Sport which is also a really nice car. My daughter has a Mazda too, a Mazda3 - 2004, 80k miles and still drives perfectly. Mazda make good cars!

@TerryM1
Hi Terry,
Welcome to the club forum, some wessex members who live in the regional border of wessex and solent join us for the solent events…

Hi welcome, looks a very nice car, I think you’ve dropped on there.
Enjoy…

Hi from Poole, I’ll look out for you. Mine’s a MK1, 5 tone red.
Cheers.

Hi Terry, I’m in Bomo too.
Here’s my MK1 Merlot

Jeremy Crawshaw

2 Likes

Hi Jeremy, nice to hear from another B-town resident! It’ll be nice to know who I’m waving at if I see you out and about. Very nice five you have there, love the colour.

1 Like

Welcome to a very friendly club.
I have just bought a 2007 NC to enjoy some sunny :sun_with_face: days hopefully.

2 Likes