Hi from Droitwich, Worcestershire!

Hi all,

I’m Hannah… Me and my husband Ben are now on our 4th mx5! To say we have a fondness for them would be an understatement.

After a few years of not owning one due to having kids (they are now 8 +5) we decided it was time for another, so we recently purchased our NA Eunos Roadster S-special in a very beautiful Laguna blue.

We have not been members of the owners club before so looking forward to hopefully getting to some events and meeting other members in the near future :smiley:

7 Likes

Hi and welcome to the OC - Your NA looks good :smile:

1 Like

Welcome!

Your 4th? Do tell us more about your previous MX5s!

:joy: well…

1st was a red H reg Eunos which I brought in 2010…

We then got another red H reg but a uk car in the summer 2011. We used the best of both and swapped the engine and gearbox from our first car into the chassis of the uk one because the rust had gotten to the original :joy:

We then ended up putting her off the road due to having out first child in 2012… Which is where she remained until after having our second child in 2015.

Still with me :joy::joy:

Before we got her running again we briefly had a mk2 1.8 sport off a family member which we didn’t have long as it was sold in January 2015… Can’t remember when we got it!

Our red one was then put back on the road in March 2016 after a small bit of work and then…

We then sold her to a friend of the family who is most likely on here too. (Hi Nyal if your reading this) He still has her now and has spent alot of time and money getting her into a beautiful condition!

Roll on a few more years and we are back in the club :joy:

1 Like

So mainly Mk1 cars?

Well, we’re all glad you found your way back to MX5 ownership.

Interesting to read, thanks.

Thanks, rather long winded I know! It’s impossible to stay away from them. Yes, personally they are my favorite… Can’t beat the pop up headlights and the smiley face :grin:.

3 Likes

Hi Hannah and Ben. Welcome to the Owners Club. Jayne and I are in Bromsgrove.

1 Like

Hi i hide in bromsgrove too!!!

2 Likes

Welcome :grin:

Me and my Mk1 are just up the road from you in Stourbridge.

1 Like

You probably wont want to talk to me i have a mk3 :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I wouldn’t want to talk to you if you had a MK2 let alone a MK3 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes

So there is no way in hell you’ll chat with me… as a MK4 owner…! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I will.!!! Mk4 on the wish list just havnt mentioned it to the wife

Just need a game plan to convince her it’s a good idea for her too…! :wink:

Working on it

1 Like

:joy::joy: happy to converse with all owners on here but enjoying the banter non the less! :joy: Nice to have a hello from some very local to me too :wave:

2 Likes

Do we have a local branch meeting(when permitted)

Hi Bud,
You might get stopped en route to even a local branch meeting, especially if you take a trunk road.
Don’t be a sap and take a leaf out of Dominic and Boris’s books by staying at home.

I guess you would be in the South West Midlands area which covers Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Gloucestershire, we haven’t managed a drive or a meeting in 2020 but hope this year will see meetings and drives restart.

The SWM website https://swm.mx5oc.co.uk/ hasn’t changed in months but we will update it as soon as the situation allows get togethers once more. It does give the dates and locations for monthly meetings. Meetings are the first Thursday of the month with Drives normally held on the Sunday seventeen days following that.

We have a separate forum where drives are detailed (and you can see past drives to get an idea of what we do and where we go) at https://mx5ocswm.proboards.com/, again not much traffic there over the last year.

Also, SWM have their own FB group which does see more frequent chatter at https://www.facebook.com/groups/swmmx5oc

Feel free to sign up for the forum and FB group.

1 Like