Hi from Dromore, County Down

Hi All,

I joined up at the Classic Car show, really helpful team, especially I think Luke, at the event and some nice cars!

Mike Brewer mentioned the MX-5, more than once, at the live section and the fact that it is a future classic. He also mentioned that a prospective buyer should join the owners club before buying. That’s why I am here. Watching, learning, I think it makes sense to buy from a member selling within the owners club. I couldn’t work out NC, ND etc Mazda MX-5 - Wikipedia NC - what does this mean, Wikipedia was good! I reckon I would go for a NC.

A question, are there many automatic NC’s about?

Thanks,
Steven

Welcome to the club :+1:

In the link (below) you’ll find a list of MX-5 generations starting with the NA then NB, NC and ND followed. ND manufactured from 2016 onwards the latest generation if you like.
So with the different generations there were upgrades like facelifts to the model so look oug for those.
To complicate things further (not really) the models were also known as Mk1 (NA) Mk2 (NB) MK3 (NC) and Mk4 (ND) there is also a Mk4/ND called the RF, that has a retracting roof.
Also the NC models have soft tops or PRHT’s (Power Retractable Hard Top) in their line up.

Don’t be afraid to ask questions about any model, it’s best you do if you want to find the model that suits.
Auto’s are a bit thin on the ground but do come up for sale occasionally.

Have a look here and click the links.

1 Like

Agreed. It worked for me, I bought a beauty from a fellow member.

1 Like

Hi Steven,

Welcome along, good luck with your search, you will definitely find plenty of good knowledge and advice here.

Ian

1 Like

Thanks Mick, that’s much easier to understand than Wikipedia. Must have a better look around the website.

Hi there,

If you wish to have a look at an NC, let me know.

I’m in Hillsborough- so just up the road from you and I’ve got a June 2010 1.8 NC with 57000 miles.

It’s an “SE”, which was the most basic model at that time- so no LSD, and 1.8 instead of 2.0.

We drove it to the Algarve last year- no issues!

It’s my second MX5 and I bought it in December 2010 in Preston with 18 miles on the clock.
( heavy snow that year- got a great deal on the car and drove it home via Cairnryan).

Anyway, if you want to have a look, give us a shout.

Good luck in your search for the right car.
DavidC

Hi David,

Thank you that’s very generous of you! It would be great to pop up and have a look at it and chat MX-5. When would suit, during the limited daylight would be a good plan I imagine.

Cheers,
Steven