Hi from Hitchin - NC owner

Hi all, just would like to introduce myself to you all.
I’ve owned my NC since last June and I absolutely love it. It’s a 2 litre sport, that has been well looked after over the years.
Looking for recommendations for local, reliable garages in the Herts/ Beds area to help out with servicing etc

:slight_smile:

9 Likes

Hi there,

I’m up in Sheffield so I can’t recommend anyone down there. However glad to see you’re enjoying your 5 and that’s a fab colour.

3 Likes

Welcome from St Albans, I use an “old school” garage local to me - Verulam Autos. Very happy. Have also used Old London Road Garage and no complaints.

2 Likes

Hi ! I am very local to you and have always had good dealings at fair prices from Norton Way Mazda in Letchworth. Otherwise try Finishline who do servicing as well as bodywork and used to race MX5’s. They are on the old Great North Road near Gravely.

2 Likes

love the colour

3 Likes

Hello and welcome from Nottinghamshire… Your NC looks very nice - Enjoy :slight_smile:

Rob

2 Likes

Hello and welcome

George

2 Likes

Hi Sarah & welcome!

Local members aren’t particularly active on the Forum, so you’ll probably get a better response from posting on our Facebook group

or better still, come along to your nearest monthly meeting on the first Wednesday of the month at
The Cross Keys, 13 High Street, Pulloxhill, Beds, MK45 5HB

We’ve had a couple of issues with Norton Way over the years, but have had good reports of Brayleys in Harpenden. If you’re not doing many miles, you don’t necessarily need a full service every year & certainly not at main dealer prices!

Lovely looking car and colour btw

1 Like

Thank you, I will do some research into Brayleys. I drive the car daily to work and back so it’s covering a fair few miles at the moment.
Will have to pop over to Pulloxhill and meet you all in the near future, is it just a meet or do you go out for drives?

You’ll start getting emails about upcoming local activities, but make sure you Bookmark our local website

as well as the main MX-5 Owners Club website

Hi, I’m also from Hitchin (near Angel’s pub) having purchased Kelvin (my NC model) in October 2021. The nearest garages that I can see is Norton’s in Letchworth which is a Mazda dealer. Not yet had mine serviced but otherwise might consider Brayley in MK!

Just realised you’re in SG Post Code, which means you will have been assigned to North Thames area by default, rather than to MK & Chilterns.

You can easily rectify this by logging into Membership >> Profile on the MX-5 Owners Club website, then click on the Area Tab & change your Primary Area to Milton Keynes & Chilterns.

In the following Receive area email communications section you can then choose to receive emails from any other area you wish.

Just realised you’re in SG Post Code, which means you will have been assigned to North Thames area by default, rather than to MK & Chilterns.

You can easily rectify this by logging into Membership >> Profile on the MX-5 Owners Club website, then click on the Area Tab & change your Primary Area to Milton Keynes & Chilterns.

In the following Receive area email communications section you can then choose to receive emails from any other area you choose.

Welcome…nice colour glad your enjoying your 5

Welcome! I’m a few miles away in Shillington and have had no trouble at the local garage, Bowles.

Thanks for this. I did wonder whether MK and Chilterns would be more suitable but I couldn’t find anything for the SG postcode!

Hi Sarah-Louise
I bought my same age/spec NC about the same time as you and live just outside Hitchin.

I have just had a full service at Pan Autos in Harpenden and they were great! Happy to recommend them. 01582 469955

Welcome to the club!

David

welcome to the club

gotta be honest i Really like that blue colour its making me feel a little green with jealosy!

I have used Brayleys at Harpenden for a few years and no complaints apart from costs. The last service was an oil change inc filter and screenwash for £169. I got a quote from MX Parts and it was nearly £100 more but included additionally: coolant change, new sparkplugs, gearbox oil change, differential oil change, brake fluid change. So I spent the day in Portsmouth and have the satisfaction that a garage that only works on MX5s was looking after me.

https://www.japex.co.uk/ These guys know their stuff, especially if its from Japan. They’ve looked after all my Japanese cars from MR2’s to Hilux’s and now my MX5.