HKS Racing Suction Induction Kit for Mazda MX-5 NC Advice

1. My model of MX-5 is: 2013 MX5 NC Sport Graphite Roadster 2.0
  2. I’m based near: Manchester
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on:

HKS Racing Suction Induction Kit for
Mazda MX-5 NC

Hi all, just looking for some advice regarding the above induction kit. After spending hours yesterday taking my bumper off, removing the old air box and making room for a RAM Air intake that it doesn’t actually fit on my model of MX5. Seems as though the crash bar on the 2012 and newer models is more towards the engine bay than on the older models of the car, hence why the induction kit would not fit, my error of course as the description did say it fits cars up to 2012.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anybody has fitted the HKS induction kit to a MX5 NC of the same year as mine or they know if this kit will fit on my MX5? After cross referencing pictures of the listing for the HKS kit and my own engine bay they do seem identical but I don’t fancy reinstalling the oem air box for a second time.

Any advice would be great thanks.

Ramair’s site states that it fits models up to 2014. I did read somewhere that the mk3.75 crash enforcer bar is slightly different, and that you have to remove it when fitting the kit, then reinstall the bar after?
Hope this helps.