Home made haircut

Well, finally gave in, borrowing mates hair clippers and letting mrs H loose on my barnet.

Might, or might not post pics. :man_bald:

My missus has been cutting my hair for around 10 years since my regular barber closed down.
Over the last 18 months Iā€™ve been cutting hers too. :shushing_face::roll_eyes:

Yeah, go for it, you canā€™t beat the electric dog clippers, Iā€™ve been going slap for some years and shave mine myself with a No2 , Iā€™m 62 and Iā€™m past caring about the image thing , just kept my grey goatee to balance things out, their good for beards as well.
If you or your missus balls it up , you can just go shorter , or end up with a Kojak :smiley:

Boz
P.S Washing your whole head is a doddle.

Now that would save me a fortuneā€¦

Iā€™ve been mowing mine for years, mainly a no.3, but sometimes a no.1 if the setting moves during the cut.
Didnā€™t use a barber from the mid sixties until a few years ago, then used one for about two years and finally decided that at Ā£15-00 a time for a scalping Iā€™d invest the money in a trimmer and the rest is history.
No one gives a damn what your haircut is like when youā€™re an oap, except if youā€™re still sporting long hair a la Led Zep or a Status Quo pony-tail. Thatā€™s sick!
PS: I used to have a hairstyle like Brian Jones of the Rolling Stones and wear aviator specs like Peter Fonda, those were the days!!!

1 Like

Looking forward to when I donā€™t give a damn, for now Iā€™ve got about ten Teams calls a day and everyone seems to want to use video. Iā€™ve got a lot of hair. A skinhead will certainly raise eyebrows ( these are pretty bushy too!!)

I upgraded from a #1 to ā€˜the closest it will doā€™ which is basically scalp stubble.

Honestly, canā€™t be arsed with hair any more. This comes from someone who had hair well past shoulder length up until only a few years ago!

Francis Rossi cut off his ponytail in March 2009

At the age of 62, stuck working from home all week, I am growing my first ever beardā€¦

1 Like

I know, but there are still quite a few tossers, sorry, ā€œfansā€ in their dotage who still have them and think they look ā€œcoolā€.

1 Like

You are correct.See quite a few at their concerts

Good fellow, Iā€™ve had facial hair for 35 years, even when it wasnā€™t fashionable, ā€¦but never fancied growing a pony tail ! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :smile: although I did like Status Quo in the 70s,ā€¦ and Deep Purple, Led Zep , Frank Zappa etc, :grin:

Boz

1 Like

Been cutting (whatā€™s left of) my own hair for nearly 25-yearsā€¦
IMG_0719

3 Likes

Cool, :grin: :grin:

1 Like

Well we did it, or at least #2 daughter did it. Pretty good. Bit of practice and I reckon she might have the job. Worked out I spend well over Ā£150 a year in haircuts. Itā€™s the futurešŸ˜Š

1 Like