Hot after Roddison ?

Hi Burton,

id be up for it 

Hi Burton,

Please book me one place for Roddisons and one for the curry.

Cheers,

Nigel.

count me in for this Burton no curry thanks Alan

I’m interested in that… please keep us informed.

Hi Burton
Definitely in for the curry…oh! and at Roddisons.

Count me in.

Event now set for TUESDAY 11th APRIL 6:30 Roddisons Motorsport, Shepcote Lane, Sheffield S9 1US Jct 34 M1
All you can eat curry / buffet after the event, £9.00 at http://indussheffield.co.uk

Burton, I’d like to attend the tech part, but not for curry afterwards, thanks.

No need to book just turn up, plenty of on site parking

A very interesting evening - thanks to the organisers & of course Paul ??

Many thanks to Paul for giving up his time to talk through his strip down of a ‘dead’ mk3 engine and for sharing his knowledge & insights into why it died, along with what we should all be doing to prevent our own engines suffering a similar fate.

For anyone who didn’t attend - the answer is basically good maintenance - make sure engine oil is changed regularly & use good quality oil (same goes for diff & gearbox).

Paul highlighted how different components suffered or survived, explained how many other parts of the engine worked and was happy to answer Q’s on all aspects of MX5s .

A very interesting evening indeed (especially for us petrol-heads!)

Many thanks also to Burton for arranging the event & for choosing a great curry house afterwards.

Hello Paul & Burton

Educational, enlightening; an excellent & enthusiastic presentation by Paul.

What black foul smelling oil, albeit there was not much in engine’s sump!!

Deanf has covered most aspects of the evening’s revelations.

Paul dismissed the belief that it was only the MK3 engines that suffered oil starvation problems.

Lack of oil in MK3, Mk3.5, MK3.75 engines both 1.8 & 2.0 litre will result in problems.

Well done Burton for organising a most worthwhile event.

Thank you very much Paul, I’m looking forward to seeing both of your MK4’s in action.

Regards

Keith

I also attended last nights excellent evening at Paul Roddisons. Without  wishing to repeat what others have already said, apart from thanking Paul for giving up his time so generously, I would just a like to note how easy it all looked. Isn’t it often the way when someone clearly understands their brief with total certainty that this is the outcome. Then you try it at home! Oh dear me. If nothing else, Paul confirmed a long held belief of mine. Leave it to the professionals.Thanks once again for a thoroughly enjoyable and enlightening evening.

Hi guys

im glad you all enjoyed the evening, and for me if I can give you the members a little of my time and passion that will also benefit in you saving money/reliability then it’s worth every minute…

thank you you all for attending, we must do it again!!!

paul

ps thanks to burton for sorting the curry…it’s was fantastic

Thanks from me, too to Burton and Paul.

I went along for general interest rather than for specific advice (as the owner of a Mk2 with the earlier engine type). I’ve built a few engines myself in the past and could quickly tell that Paul was a man who really knows what he was talking about.

Only regret was that I couldn’t stay out late for the curry afterwards.