Hot after Roddison ?

Event now set for TUESDAY 11th APRIL 6:30 Roddisons Motorsport, Shepcote Lane, Sheffield S9 1US Jct 34 M1
All you can eat curry  / buffet after the event, £9.00 at http://indussheffield.co.uk

Paul Roddison has a grave yard of rattling Mk3 engines, its not because they are un reliable he tells me, it’s the owners who become complaisant and forget to top up the oil.

He has offered  to host a Tech evening  at his garage close to the M1 at Jct 34 during April or May where he will open up and progressively strip down a recently seized up engine, explain what caused the problems and talk us through the design and make up of the engine along with other parts of the MX5,

There will be a questions  and answers session afterwards.

His Mk3 and Mk4 race cars will be on display.

If the event is on a Tuesday one of the best curry houses ‘down the cliffe’ does an all you can eat buffet for £8.50, perhaps we could finish the night off there?

Meadowhell is only a mile or so away so you could (hide their credit cards) and leave your wife/partner there for an hour or so.

Any takers? Please reply via this forum

This event is open to all members irrespective of which area they belong to

Sounds interesting

Date dependant, count me in.

Sounds like a great idea. I’m in, Tuesdays in April or May are looking OK.

Graham

Sounds good to me

Can someone please take notes and get Paul’s ideas on why the MK3’s engines go south as some people advise they have had failures with oil at the proper level.

Agreed the Mk3 engine can drink oil at high revs.

In 10k miles my Impreza to name another has used no oil but a recent quick trip of 1,000 miles had the oil half way down the level.

Therefore I can see why some engines are damaged by not checking the dipstick.

If I was nearer the border, I would like to joint you guys for that talk and a curry.

On the other hand a few days down in the Peak District is not out the question as we have some walking to do there.

Very tempted, even though it would be at least 2 hours each way.

Iwas talking to Paul a few days ago and altho I run a mk 1 will probably go to this so long as it is not the 1st week in april as i will be in Paris on honey moon [ 2nd !]

I would be interested to see this - please keep me posted.

Hello burtonm

Yes, I am interested please advise date & time.

Regards

Keith

Definitely interested please depending on date, away from school hols would be my selfish preference 

Hi Burton,

I’d attend however preferably not in a Tuesday. Having just collected my Mk 3 from Paul after some work being done his infectious enthusiasm for the marque would make it a very interesting and informative evening.

Regards,

Roger

Hi Burton,
I would be interested in that
Regards
Gary

I would be very interested in going along to that Burton - please let me know the date & time as & when it’s decided.

Many Thanks

Dean

I will post the date of the event shortly

Hi Burton

I’d be interested in that , seeing as I posted on here last year about the perils of running the oil too low .

Cheers
Pete

Event now set for TUESDAY 11th APRIL 6:30 Roddisons Motorsport, Shepcote Lane, Sheffield S9 1US Jct 34 M1
All you can eat curry / buffet after the event, £9.00 at http://indussheffield.co.uk

Hello burtonm

I will attend, I will not need the curry.

Regards

Keith

Sounds great, I’ll be there but don’t need curry thanks!