How do I edit my forum profile

My email address is showing up as my user name, display name and email address, and I can’t find any way to edit my forum profile to stop thi shappening. Can somebody please help me out?

Thanks

I am having the same problem! Please can you let me know how you resolved this!!!
Thanks
Harry

Hi,

As Newbies to this type of Forum, we had similar issues. Suggest trying the following, with apologies for ‘trying to teach anyone else how to suck eggs’… it was all new to us!

(1) Go to the MX5 Owners Club HOME PAGE & sign in using your Password

(2) From the top line of the broad blue header, select the Forum tab

(3) A couple of lines below the top blue broad header band, the text line begins ‘Logged in as …’(your name)… HIT  My Profile (blue text)

(4) This reveals a page titled Control Panel with a sub-title Personal Profile heading a list towards the bottom Left Hand Sid.

(5) Select &  Edit from within the folllowing list accordingly, to make your required changes.

View Profile

Edit Profile

View Thanks

Edit Albume

Modify Avatar

Signature

E-mail notification preferences

(5) Scroll down and SAVE changes (if prompted) before leaving.

Note:- Changes are made retrospectively, so revisit your earlier Posts to confirm that these have already been amended.

Hope the above helps,

Steve & Sue

PS Nothing prevented me from Opening another Window, then Googling & opening a second copy of the MX5 Owners Club web-site…,

so I have just been able to ‘Live Test’ the above instructions more easily by keeping the above open on one page & flipping from window to window.

Thanks Sue, making this thread into a sticky!

Thanks. That seems to have done the trick.

Hi everyone - I have just joined the OC this afternoon. Like previous posters, my user name, display name and email address are all shown, all identical, on My Profile, although I did not see any options while signing up to choose or change the first two of these?? They all seem to have defaulted to my “email address”.

Have tried the tip offered by Sue H to edit My Profile - but there is no option to edit the fields for User Name or Display Name.

Any suggestions - or is this a known fault and still being worked on?

Grateful for any pointers - thanks!

Just to check - it is now ok? Or am I looking at the wrong thing?

It is fine changing the details in “My Profile” - however, the fields I need to change are in “My Account”, since two of those fields merely repeat my email address and I was not given the option to choose alternatives.

Any help appreciated! Thanks.

Your username and email are 1 in the same with our setup, your display name is currently “Voyageur”.

What is it that you want to change?

I would like to be able to change both my User name and Display name so that my email address is not displayed publicly on the Forum each time I log on or post something.

Where is it being displayed?

Sorry if I am missing something obvious! :slight_smile:

Hi again, Ramsay.

I think I have got the gist of it now. As I understand it, my username is visible to me only but not to others. And my display name is the one I chose earlier i.e. Voyageur.

Thanks for your help!

I joined today and too seem to have the same problem of it displaying my full email address as my user name and I don’t seem to be able to change it anywhere.  Is this something the moderators need to do?

Hi pad64 and welcome!

It’s only you who can see your username displayed, and apparently the username always defaults to your email address. But no-one else on the Forum sees it.

Everyone else on the Forum sees only your display name - in your case, it’s “pad64”.

It took me a while to figure this out when I joined the OC a week ago.

Hope this helps - and to long-standing Forum members, if I’ve got it wrong, please correct me!

Thanks Voyageur.  It seems to be ok now and it shows me as pad64, but for a while it showed by email address.  I logged out and it was still showing as my email.  The newest member joining here that is listed at the bottom of the home page of the forums has their email address clearly visible at the moment.  Not sure if this too will sort out, but it seems strange to me and perhaps there is a bug somewhere.

Once again I can see the email address of the newest member of the forum displayed at the bottom of the home page.  I’m sure you shouldn’t be able to see this.  Can one of the moderators have a look at it? Thanks.

Hello, I’ve just joined and have managed to set my forum name up incorrectly. I’ve tried to use the instructions below but I’m unable to change my logged in s name,

‘would anyone be able to help me out please.

many thanks

chris